Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

Surprised at how poor he has been, we desperately need Lascelles back, and resume the partnership with Clark, that looked the strength of our team. Now looks like we can't defend to save our lives.

He's a good footballer but not sure he's a good defender

Many people are saying this, what does it mean?

You are saying that a defender is not good at doing his job, but a good footballer. Does that mean he is playing in the wrong position?

Or do you mean he is a bad footballer, but he can pass the ball?  ???

Isnt it better to say it how it is and not to sugar-coat it. He is playing really bad atm, but he has potential to be a really good defender.

Imo him and Clark are both followers, and with a leader next to them they will be fine.

It’s more than concentration. Seems to be slow and/or lack agility. Chelsea pinged 3 Long balls in behind him which caused panic.  1 was the offide one.  Another was the Morata header where Lejeune jumped but couldn’t reach the header and another was the Hazard goal where he had to super stretch to stop the long ball reaching Morata. There was also the ducking out of the header for Moratas goal.

‘Good player’ thing. Usually means how comfortable players are on the ball an ability to play under pressure.  First touch, moving with the ball and passing. Lejeune has the most quality from our CB’s on that aspect. But off the ball, actual defending he’s looking a liability.  Players running at him.  Balls in behind.  Balls in the air.  Le struggle.

It’s more than concentration. Seems to be slow and/or lack agility. Chelsea pinged 3 Long balls in behind him which caused panic.  1 was the offide one.  Another was the Morata header where Lejeune jumped but couldn’t reach the header and another was the Hazard goal where he had to super stretch to stop the long ball reaching Morata. There was also the ducking out of the header for Moratas goal.

‘Good player’ thing. Usually means how comfortable players are on the ball an ability to play under pressure.  First touch, moving with the ball and passing. Lejeune has the most quality from our CB’s on that aspect. But off the ball, actual defending he’s looking a liability.  Players running at him.  Balls in behind.  Balls in the air.  Le struggle.

Some of the crosses Chelsea were pinging in were really difficult to deal with to be fair. Maybe he'll adjust and be able to deal with those better once he gets used to the pace of the game over here. His lack of pace is more of a worry, but again, he looked ok when he was alongside Lascelles. Him and Clark don't seem to have any sort of understanding.

He's only been playing in the Premier League for what, 3-4 months and for most of that he was injured. Plus he didn't have a great grasp of the language when he arrived did he?

Lascelles has now developed into a good CB but he was written off by a lot of people, people who are now eating their words.

I reckon he'll come good. There's enough there to suggest he's a decent defender.  There aren't many defenders who come into a struggling, newly promoted team in the Premier League and look like world beaters.

Look how much City paid for Mangala, Stones and Otamendi - you could argue that they all faired even worse than Lejeune in their first seasons. Lindelof at Man Utd looks turd at the moment and he cost a fortune as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s a good footballer in that he is good on the ball, seems a good passer and just looks comfortable with the ball. Off the ball the jury is still out and while he hasn’t exactly excelled at defending it would be very harsh to judge him fully on that as he’s new to the league, we aren’t exactly strong defensively as a team and let’s not forget about a certain Colo who also took a while to get going... I do like what I see of him as a footballer mind sand if he can start defending well, he’s my type of CB.

Seen enough now, should not be starting games, Mbemba needs to start if Lascelles isn’t fit. He’s just plain awful and is costing us points, could have done so much better on all the goals today.

Both him and Clark have been utter shite together. I hope it's as simple as them both just needing a leader alongside them as before Lascelles' injury they were both fine.

Where was Clark for the 3rd goal? Perez shouldn't have been the last man surely?

Both him and Clark have been utter shite together. I hope it's as simple as them both just needing a leader alongside them as before Lascelles' injury they were both fine.

Where was Clark for the 3rd goal? Perez shouldn't have been the last man surely?

Clark followed Lejeune over toward Vardy and at no stage looked over his shoulder, Clark is poor at this level, very poor.

Both him and Clark have been utter s**** together. I hope it's as simple as them both just needing a leader alongside them as before Lascelles' injury they were both fine.

Walked over to Vardy even though it wasnt his man.

Clark followed Lejeune over toward Vardy and at no stage looked over his shoulder, Clark is poor at this level, very poor.

He's gone missing a lot in the last few games. Makes you realise how much he relied on Lascelles for leadership.