Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

1 hour ago, Away Toon said:

Nobody is paying 50m for the invisible man Willock.

Apart from perhaps medical science 

49 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Imagine it came out it was in fact Jacob playing for Oxford  yesterday 

I was wondering if we could sign him and have them play 45 minutes each at full intensity :lol:

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Half both those valuations and you're on the money I reckon

You reckon Joelinton is a 40m player? :lol:

1 hour ago, STM said:

£55-60m is fair price for him.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Yep.  I think he’s worth what we paid.  We didn’t get what we paid for.  

This doesn’t mean I think he’s rubbish or anything - I just don’t see anyone paying much more than that

If we’re talking about FFP then it’s how much another club is actually willing to pay for our players. I doubt we would get an offer of much more than £40m + add one for Joelinton. I don’t think he’s a player that suits teams with more standard setup/formations.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep.  I think he’s worth what we paid.  We didn’t get what we paid for.  

This doesn’t mean I think he’s rubbish or anything - I just don’t see anyone paying much more than that

Fair enough, I wouldn't part with him for less than 60. Perhaps noone would pay that but that's fine coz he's ours.

Excellent half that. Unless we get a mental offer we should be keeping him. The sale & upgrade should be on Almiron 100%.

He's nowhere near an elite level player but he is a very capable squad player who has a surprising amount of assists this season, would keep him around, we still need a top class RW of course but Murphy offers far more than Almiron has for a long time.

I think his contribution this season is really underrated. Absolutely fine as a second choice RW for where we are atm imo.

6 hours ago, James said:

True.

if we do have to sell to further upgrade our squad we do now have assets.

Murphy - £30m

Almiron - £20m

Willock - £50m

Wilson - £15m

Targett - £10m

Trippier - £10m

£130m of fees we can obtain fairly straightforwardly. Selling Pope is also an option depending on GK plans.

Then we probably get Hall, Tosin and Kelly quickly. They replace Targett and fill some other gaps in our current squad.

one or two strikers needed to be second fiddle to Isak. Ideally one of these can play RW

RW would be the marquee signing. Minteh can have a back up role depending on how we replace Wilson. Otherwise we can either loan or sell him too.

Willock is not directly replaced as we have a lot of CMs.

We would need to make a call between Krafth and a new signing for Right Back to cover Tino.

You lawyers and your cocaine. 

40 minutes ago, Smal said:

I think his contribution this season is really underrated. Absolutely fine as a second choice RW for where we are atm imo.

Agree completely.

1 hour ago, Smal said:

He's leapfrogged Miggy for me. While his football is sometimes a bit less tidy, he has far better delivery and for a wide man that's crucial.

Yeah you know he’s going to make a mistake or two each game, but you also get creativity and assists and the odd goal consistently. Bar the purple patch you get neither from Miggy

7 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He deserves to stay in the team squad based on this season, reliable and can play in multiple positions on the right or left, he's improved his end product massively too.

Just a slight correction but the sentiment is right.