(ba ba, ba ba ba)
On the left or on the right
He gets the ball, he runs all night
He’s everything we’d ever want 
He’s Jacob Murphy

Sorted! 

Wasted on Jacob Murphy tbh.

48 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Not sure if it was mentioned here, but he injured his calf in the warmup? Hope he is okay.. We are even getting injuries in the warmup now.:lol:

Suppose that's better than Elliot Anderson getting out of bed. 

Expect injuries to soon come from sneezing and opening the fridge door

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

Not sure if it was mentioned here, but he injured his calf in the warmup? Hope he is okay.. We are even getting injuries in the warmup now.:lol:

Fucking hell man!! What's next Botman out with a prolapse following a particularly troubling dump

Still can't believe this is the same player that was so wank under Bruce and even in the early Howe days. Such an improvement in his personal play and a person that others really need in the dressing room.

Thought he was very good today, used the ball well, dangerous cross that led to the second goal, tracked back well. 

Just needs to try and be a bit more consistent, seems as though one week he'll be crap and the next excellent, but he's a very useful option to have.

I think the best part of his game is his crossing, he whips a cross in that is angled with pace really well. It’s something Miggy can’t do and it’s something that no one else tends to do. Trippier tends to go more aerial whereas Murphy’s is flatter. I don’t rate him when it comes to interchanging passes in tight areas, he messed up a few times either because he was too slow to read the play or because he was just complacent but his crossing ability is a nice feature 

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Thought he was very good today, used the ball well, dangerous cross that led to the second goal, tracked back well. 

Just needs to try and be a bit more consistent, seems as though one week he'll be crap and the next excellent, but he's a very useful option to have.

some of his passes were fantastic and caused the Wolved backline to completely shit themselves

• 2 weeks later...

Mixed bag tbh, but he hit that beautifully. When it was 1-1 I thought he was pretty clumsy with the ball. Once the game was gone he seemed to loosen up a bit and produce some better stuff.

Would start him instead of Miggy every week tbh. Almiron looks better off the bench against tired legs and Murphy tends to cross balls into the box and actually shoot and stuff which helps.

Would play him in that right wing position for the rest of the season. He’s limited, he’s a squad player but I guarantee he gets more g/a contributions than Almiron who’s currently stealing a living here. 

Completely disagree about the “stealing a living” quip. Miggy always gives everything and he has an impact defensively and in attack. The issue is he can’t cross a ball and almost never gets an assist and he fluffs chances. He still does a lot of good work in build up play and his defensive work is almost unmatched in a wide role.

Murphy will get more assists because he can cross the ball, he’s nowhere near as good defensively and I think their goals would be almost identical. Miggy is much better at carrying the ball than Murphy. 

They’re just two very different players with completely different strengths and weaknesses. Murphy is more a traditional winger, Miggy (when he’s on form) is a fairly unique wide option who offers more to the team even though he spurs chances a lot 

37 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Completely disagree about the “stealing a living” quip. Miggy always gives everything and he has an impact defensively and in attack. The issue is he can’t cross a ball and almost never gets an assist and he fluffs chances. He still does a lot of good work in build up play and his defensive work is almost unmatched in a wide role.

Murphy will get more assists because he can cross the ball, he’s nowhere near as good defensively and I think their goals would be almost identical. Miggy is much better at carrying the ball than Murphy. 

They’re just two very different players with completely different strengths and weaknesses. Murphy is more a traditional winger, Miggy (when he’s on form) is a fairly unique wide option who offers more to the team even though he spurs chances a lot 

Murphy can and did play right back when required, he's quite good in defence and i would argue can also carry the ball better than Miggy.

16 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Murphy can and did play right back when required, he's quite good in defence and i would argue can also carry the ball better than Miggy.

Disagree on the ball carrying. Miggy does suffer from stopping and passing backwards when he doesn’t have any space to run into. However, if he can run into space he can do it at pace either down the line or inside. I’d say Murphy is very average at ball carrying although I haven’t looked at his stats. There’s absolutely zero question that Miggy is one of the best defensive wingers in the league