Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

He should be kept as a low cost back up option. Need one or two of them when spending money on legit stars. 

Can be the emergency RB and back up RW for games which should be fine for another season.

Edited by Sibierski

He was awful today but to his credit has far surpassed any expectations I ever had of him. Another player that I'd love a mid table PL club to come in and take off our hands.

I could absolutely see him playing for a Wolves, Bournemouth, Fulham....

I won't slag him off though. Good lad is wor Jacob.

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

He should be kept as a low cost back up option. Need one or two of them when spending money on legit stars. 

Lack the emergency RB and back up RW for games should be fine for another season.

He should be sold if we can get any sort of decent money for him. If FFP restrictions are lifted, then fine keep him and Ritchie for 10 more years.

Just now, TRon said:

He should be sold if we can get any sort of decent money for him. If FFP restrictions are lifted, then fine keep him and Ritchie for 10 more years.

Probably won’t be sold as he’s very limited and can’t see what club will sign him. Guy was out on loan not long ago and couldn’t flog for peanuts. Ability hasn’t suddenly changed.

3 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Probably won’t be sold as he’s very limited and can’t see what club will sign him. Guy was out on loan not long ago and couldn’t flog for peanuts. Ability hasn’t suddenly changed.

Yeah fair enough. If we can't get decent money then he's not the worst option on the bench. He can whip in a decent cross on his day.

I wasn't optimistic for him today after him talking about Antonee Robinson being his toughest opponent last season. He's the kind of guy who can lose a game in his head before he's on the pitch.

Still value him as part of our team, mind.

Like Miggy he can look good with Trippier or Livramento behind him, without that backup it’s a different story

I think it’s good to be fair to some of the players like Murphy in where you set expectations- he’s supposed to be a backup and sub option, not a regular starter 

Definitely, but Murphy and Miggy are those players that regardless of form will give you a baseline of effort, defensive cover and so on, but something was up with Murphy today, it was weird.

11 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not sure what was up with him today, he was almost anonymous but when he finally got the ball he did nothing.

After a run of fairly good/effective games he had poor one yesterday. Didn’t look his happy self at all.

18 hours ago, 80 said:

I wasn't optimistic for him today after him talking about Antonee Robinson being his toughest opponent last season. He's the kind of guy who can lose a game in his head before he's on the pitch.

Still value him as part of our team, mind.

11 minutes ago, dave s said:

we need him for after match photos 

We need him for Saturday to smile down on the Spurs fans from the screen after scoring his second.

One of the stand out memories of last season I want repeated.

3 hours ago, Smal said:

7 wins, 2 draws and 0 losses when he's started in the PL this season.

Anyone got the final figures from last season to combine with this stat? I think it'll be something daft like 19-6-1.

He’s got the pace, stamina and attitude to reduce a good few wingers into misery, I reckon. 
Ultimately doesn’t have enough about him to be a modern FB but he can apply himself to the WB role pretty well. 

11 hours ago, 80 said:

Anyone got the final figures from last season to combine with this stat? I think it'll be something daft like 19-6-1.

I think this is correct, just calculated it quickly on my phone, so could be off slightly, but since Eddie joined the clubs, in Premier League games Murphy has started its:

Lost: 5

Drawn: 5

Won:  21

Two of them losses where in that initial 10 game period when Eddie first joined too, and three of them being in the 2021/22 season.

Edited by 54

45 minutes ago, Lotus said:

He’s got the pace, stamina and attitude to reduce a good few wingers into misery, I reckon. 
Ultimately doesn’t have enough about him to be a modern FB but he can apply himself to the WB role pretty well. 

He takes Ritchie’s spot

Burn takes Dummett

Massive upgrades in squad depth 

5 hours ago, 54 said:

I think this is correct, just calculated it quickly on my phone, so could be off slightly, but since Eddie joined the clubs, in Premier League games Murphy has started its:

Lost: 5

Drawn: 5

Won:  21

Two of them losses where in that initial 10 game period when Eddie first joined too, and three of them being in the 2021/22 season.

:thup: I remember them quoting stats on his first team involvement around this time last season. I think it was something like 11-3-1 at the time.

Turns out he's our MVP...

So my friend attended the game yesterday with me, non newcastle fan and it was telling to me that he was full of praise for Jacob's performance. He was really liking the positions he was taking up. Was always placing himself into good space on that right side and obviously defended well also.