Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

Wait where's this pap stuff coming from? He's obviously no world beater but on the other hand has he had many bad games yet, i.e. performances where he either has or could have cost us through pure shitness? None that I recall.

Out of pure luck than anything else.

Pretty much every time today and against Southampton, every time the opposition went down his side they were able to get a chance out of it. He was extremely lucky against Southampton that Tadic missed an open goal, while today Lejeune had to constantly cover for him because he was nowhere to be seen.

He's awful, as much as we all dislike Dummett i don't ever recall him ever being as bad.

You'll remember Dummet the first time you see him try to handle a fucking football. I've missed the last couple of games but hadn't noticed Manquillo be that terrible in the earlier ones to be honest.

I honestly don't care about that :lol: because no one on the team can't control a football except for Merino, Shelvey and at times Ritchie. But at least Dummett doesn't force his CB to cover his arse and front up Townsend because he's constantly out of position.

Manquillo wasn't particularly bad today, he's just average. As pointed out, would be absolutely fine as cover.

I dunno about you, but if my full back forces my CB to cover him and go against the winger 1 v 1 on multiple occasions i'd consider that fullback bad.

Guest firetotheworks

Meh. I just know when Paully D comes back it'll get worse.

I dislike Dummett as much as the next guy but there's no way in hell he's worse.

Defensively he's better, but Manquillo can at least control and pass without clearing it when he sees his shadow, so it's a tough one.

Manquillo wasn't particularly bad today, he's just average. As pointed out, would be absolutely fine as cover.

Which he is. :thup:

Remember playing the likes of Paul Huntington and David Edgar at full back.

Which he is. :thup:

Remember playing the likes of Paul Huntington and David Edgar at full back.

Exactly this.

He plays with a lot of nerves imo.  He looks like he has all the attributes to be a decent player, but I reckon he's overthinking things or panicking constantly. 

Guest firetotheworks

What's actually wrong with Dummett?

Don't start. [emoji38]

In terms of on the ball play he makes Danny Simpson's passing from the back look like Dani Alves's.

:lol: Well obviously people disagree. I think he's fucking awful though, the only reason we haven't concede loads of goals is more due to luck than judgment as well as the team as a whole being very organised and able to cover for his shit mistakes.

I'd rather not see him again and prevent that from actually happening, because if he continues to play he will be at fault for at least one goal. It's only a matter of time.

At the end of the day from my point of view, its not just the on the ball stuff. I think Dummett's defensive ability is vastly overrated. His lack of being able to turn his body is a massive issue.

Also, Manquillo reminds me of a less good Santon, who I preffered over Dummett anyway, might have something to do with my thinking  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

What's actually wrong with Dummett?

Don't start. [emoji38]

In terms of on the ball play he makes Danny Simpson's passing from the back look like Dani Alves's.

Injury wise I meant

I was wondering what was going on. [emoji38] I think a couple of others read it the wrong way as well.

Mbemba is injured. Was in the team before he got injured.

Has there been any confirmation of that though?  He just kind of suddenly disappeared. :lol:

Well he went off injured for his country and everyone said he would be out for three months. Then Rafa said it wouldn't be that long.

He was in training pictures this week, but was so Haidara, so I presume he isn't fully fit yet given he was in the team before he got injured and did well. Then again, you know what Rafa is like and was ruthless with him last season based on not following his instructions and we lose last game he played.

I think, with Mbemba, it comes down to purely the struggle with English; not sure Rafa has confidence in his ability to communicate or understand pitch instructions.

Dummett is no better than Manquillo, Manquillo offers more in the last third, Dummett on the defensive end.