Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

I really dislike dummett as a lb, but anyone who rates manquillo over him is certifiably insane. At least dummett can defend

I prefer players who can play football. Dummett is average at playing slide tackling (usually as a necessity after fucking up higher up the pitch). It's a myth that he is a good defender. Only enhanced because of his shit ball control. I'd say he is comfortably the worst player with the ball at his feet in the entire PL.

Manquillo is shit, but not to the level of Dummett. Agree with the ones who would rather see Mbemba play.

:thup:

Dummett currently experiencing the weird scenario where some people think a certain player suddenly becomes better than they are because they have been out injured for some time and/or their replacement is crap.

See Rolando Aarons for another example.  I'm sure it used to happen with Ryan Taylor, as well. 

I have to be honest.  Despite never rating Dummett or thinking he is going to solve our problems at left back.  I do genuinely think he is a better option than Manquillo.  Especially in games against better teams.  Neither inspires much confidence and it is an area that needs looking at nearly as badly as our options, or lack of, up front and at no.10. 

Rafa likes Dummet for his defensive ability and the fact he follows orders well. Because of this he would improve under Rafa so I'm happy if Rafa is.

I don't think he was any better at the end of last season as what he was at the start of the season. That was with a season of playing against inferior players where he had time to improve certain parts of his game (control, not shitting himself, crossing, etc).

Guest reefatoon

Mbemba was really solid and played well when at LB. really frustrating that Rafa has took the huff with him again and is persisting with this duffer. Rafa and managers in general are right childish huffy fuckers like.

He didn't stand out but he wasn't the one at fault yesterday

This is what I thought. He's not much of a footballer, but he's not really been our worst player defensively....and he is a defender.

If he was so bad yesterday I wonder what that says about Yedlin, because that's the side all of Watford's goals came from yesterday.

Yedlin has generally been pretty decent this season, he just had a really bad game yesterday. Manquillo has been pretty much poor in every game he's played.

If he was so bad yesterday I wonder what that says about Yedlin, because that's the side all of Watford's goals came from yesterday.

Yedlin has generally been pretty decent this season, he just had a really bad game yesterday. Manquillo has been pretty much poor in every game he's played.

Yedlin has been rubbish in the last two games and that's one game too many for me. Ritchie didn't help, but that doesn't excuse Yedlin, he's the right back so if we're getting murdered down that side, he's got to take the majority of the blame.

Yedlin has been rubbish in the last two games and that's one game too many for me. Ritchie didn't help, but that doesn't excuse Yedlin, he's the right back so if we're getting murdered down that side, he's got to take the majority of the blame.

It was Ritchie's man that was murdering us though