Mikel Merino

Disco

Ok, 35 appearances (6 goals) for Osasuna 2015/16 (29 apps 1 goal 2014/15). Both in second division. Seemingly unsuccessful transfer to Bundesliga (8 apps, only starts at CB). Still not feeling it. Go get Samaris, you thumbheeded knobjockey.

I mean Samaris didn't play much himself this past season. Seems a bit silly to judge a player on stats without actually watching him.

That's what I was thinking. He's obviously a defensive midfielder so goals aren't going to matter anyway. If Rafa wants him it will be because he sees other qualities like tackling, passing, positional, movement etc.

Fair point. But I'd be more enthusiastic if we were taking a player away from a Bundesliga first team (that they'd miss/have to replace) rather than one suprplus to requirements/being offloaded. Doesn't mean he's s***. But if he has only been a starter in Segunda Division (not as strong as Championship) he kind of might be/less evidence he has what it takes for PL.

I understand why you feel that way, it's understandable but personally I would prefer to hope for the best and if he's shit we'll cross that bridge. :lol:

Interesting how we bought english, proven championships players last summer and unproven continental players this time around. Still a bit worried, but definitely a Rafa signing. As said above, need a goalie and a striker now.

Guest firetotheworks

RUN THE BATH

:lol:

Gets me every time. Northumbria Water will be partying tonight.

:lol:

I'm sure it was originally 'fuck it, I'm ordering a pizza' and just somehow evolved into having a 'transfer bath' :lol:

Couldn't say if that's him, but that's definitely the usual driver and car the club use.

Driver looks about same height. Merino listed as 6'2"... if anyone has a pic of Driver and Atsu (at nipple height), it is probably safe to confirm :thup:

It seems quite evident that any permanent move for a player in that 20 to 23 year old range seems to go through really quickly.

Think the club is happy to sanction moves for these players with potential resale value, which was a big remit previously, and appears to still be a factor as far as the urgency with which deals are done.

Just hope Rafa can find some younger players that are gems, who can come in and really make the step up. Like the look of Murphy and Merino so just hopeful it pans out.