Mikel Merino

Disco

Like the fact we’re getting another young talent in; Rafa’s seemingly angling for more unpredictability and energy. Places lots of responsibility on Shelvey, mind.

Goalkeeper and 10 are where we need experience the most. A more established striker would be good too, but I have a feeling we’ll go for someone a little less known again.

I reckon we’ll get the numbers in, it’s really about quality now. ‘keeper, 10, striker and another winger will be our lot, IMO. Doubt we’ll shift much. 

His DM/Box to Box qualities I see him directly competing with Hayden. It's been said by the experts who know him on twitter that he's not the type to have rangy passing and creativity. Strong tackler, breaks up play, technically gifted, good passing - keeps play moving etc. All qualities I'd say make him ideal to partner next to Shelvey.

I think there's no room at the inn for Samaris. Best plump the cash on a striker, GK and left back now.

Also, can Ritchie and Murphy play on either wing? De jong may have a role to play too

Plenty for #NUFC fans to be excited about with Mikel Merino. Can play as CB, DM, CM (Box to box type). Strong, athletic, very good passing. Heard #NUFC require creativity but Merino not of that type. Will help retain possession, make runs, link-up but not known for final pass. Merino to be someone who helps build play for Rafa more than anything. Smart passing, neat and tidy, keep game flowing in midfield at #NUFC.

That's from the 442 Spanish journalist on Twitter. Sounds good.

Plenty for #NUFC fans to be excited about with Mikel Merino. Can play as CB, DM, CM (Box to box type). Strong, athletic, very good passing. Heard #NUFC require creativity but Merino not of that type. Will help retain possession, make runs, link-up but not known for final pass. Merino to be someone who helps build play for Rafa more than anything. Smart passing, neat and tidy, keep game flowing in midfield at #NUFC.

We need a lot of things tbh :lol:

What he apparently provides is one of them.

I think there's no room at the inn for Samaris. Best plump the cash on a striker, GK and left back now.

Also, can Ritchie and Murphy play on either wing? De jong may have a role to play too

I expect to see Ritchie and Murphy/Atsu/Aarons switching a lot in games.

:pedro:

His DM/Box to Box qualities I see him directly competing with Hayden. It's been said by the experts who know him on twitter that he's not the type to have rangy passing and creativity. Strong tackler, breaks up play, technically gifted, good passing - keeps play moving etc. All qualities I'd say make him ideal to partner next to Shelvey.

If that's the case then he's perfect. Like Colback but not shit. [emoji38]

Rafa must be rattled AF with another over the line.

Sounds a promising signing. Hopefully can make DM his own.

Probably resigned as soon as he heard.

:lol:

Touché.

One step closer to not having Colback in the first team, f*** yeah.

he who wants

You just know he will start the Spurs game now  ;D

Seriously, we've had some right shit in the middle for years upon years. Alan Smith, Nicky Butt, Jack Colback. Briefly interluded by the late, great Tiote and Cabaye in his peak, that was probably one of the better centre-pairings we've had since before Emre and Parker.