Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 13/08/17 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hope we got thrashed like 0-6 so to let Fat c*** know we are heading to relegation.

Please be an awful joke.

Hmm, we're starting with this craic even earlier than normal this season then.

He's going to come back into the thread to confirm it was a joke, I know he is.

Seems like so long since we last played. Going to be class regardless (assuming it's not embarrassing, which I don't expect tbh).

Assuming they stick with their 3-4-3 it'll be interesting to see how we line up as, IIRC, we didn't play against that at all last season.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm surprised 3 4 3 is still in trend tbh. I would have thought it would have already been figured out by the better managers.

We'll see it a lot this season mind, Arsenal and Chelsea both use it and i wouldn't be surprised if City use it as well.

Aye, I think all but about 2/3 teams last year tried it at some point. Generally, from what I've read/heard, it's thought it's best to match up against it to defend against but I'm not sure we have the players to do that, particularly at WB.

Spurs fans seem to think this will be their line-up:

Lloris

Dier Alderweireld Vertongen Davies

Dembele Winks

Sissoko Alli Eriksen

Kane

Vorm, Wimmer, Walker Peters, Wanyama, Oakley Boothe, Georgiou, Janssen

Poch has stated that he never got over our 5-1 win last time out and that it ruined his whole summer. Apparently, first day back of last pre-season he was still seething about it, and bollocked the players after he felt that they all disappeared for int'l duty after the last game and he hadn't got it out of his system.

Safe to say, he'll have them 100% up for this one.

Tough game. I'd snap your hand off for a point.

Poch has stated that he never got over our 5-1 win last time out and that it ruined his whole summer. Apparently, first day back of last pre-season he was still seething about it, and bollocked the players after he felt that they all disappeared for int'l duty after the last game and he hadn't got it out of his system.

That was over a year ago though, doubt they'll actually give a shit if i'm honest.

That was over a year ago though, doubt they'll actually give a shit if i'm honest.

He does. Even Rafa mentioned it this morning.

I'd wager Poch will say so himself if asked the question pre or post match.

Rafa mentioned it as a joke, honestly they have bigger aims and finished 2nd last year. I'll be surprised if they actually care.

They'll have been fucking embarrassed by that. Of course they'll care. Anything apart from a hiding would be nice to take to Huddersfield. Still think we can get something though.