Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 13/08/17 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The worry is though, he's had zero minutes of match practice in the last two or three pre-season games, got to think he's going to start with Mitro, which will hurt us, but trying to be positive Mitro had probably his best game for us the last time we met, up until of course the sending off, he was bullying their back line.

f*** it. Changing my prediction to 2-1 us. Howay the f***ing lads. Well up for Sunday now.

After Ashley's nice little motivational speech, you might want to revise that again. :lol:

f*** it. Changing my prediction to 2-1 us. Howay the f***ing lads. Well up for Sunday now.

After Ashley's nice little motivational speech, you might want to revise that again. :lol:

The deflating b******. Still, not going to let the fat c*** stop me from supporting the team. Hopefully it's a similar if not better atmosphere than the 5-1 and signings come in after. Would much rather do that than get even more p*ssed off looking at the quotes from the interview.

That might come across as a "support the team not the regime" soopafan or whatever the fuck it is on here, but even if these 3 games are Rafa's last here, why not make them at least fondly memorable? I personally don't think he'll leave but I don't want to let one interview turn my mood 180 degrees.

If anything, Ashley's interview will only increase support for Rafa and the team and air a few songs in relation to his slender figure.

We know Ashley talks shit, he always has and always will - the only way out is for him to sell, which is unlikely/not gonna happen. May as well enjoy Rafa while we have him because under Ashley that time is going to be limited.

I really hope the atmosphere is electric for this. At least matching the 5-1 against these cunts. Rafa's showing his commitment to us by staying here under dreadful conditions so we should just back the team to the hilt as long as he's here and try and tempt the fat fucking slug who owns us to sell the club.

Trying to get in the mood, watched the first half our last PL game, my god look at the team we had out there, yes spuds were missing Ali, but honestly we had a back five of Darlow, Janmaat, Taylor, Mbemba and Dummett, central mid of Colback and Tiote, Wingers in Gini (who never seemed to be on the left wing) and Towsend, number 10 of Sissoko, with Mitro up front (until he got sent off).  And of course we won 5-1 !!! What I noticed in terms of comparisons to our current side, we are a lot more structured now, with players knowing their roles and there is a distinct increase in the amount of pace we have in the side, that one seemed more measure in it's break aways, which worked well on the day.

Another key in that game to the result was the work ethic of the players on the day, they tracked back and defended and didn't give the Spuds players a lot of space and time on the ball. We'll need that kind of effort again on Sunday. It was good to see a high press very evident in the last pre-season game, we were camped in their half for much of that game, I don't know if Rafa will risk that kind of tactic against spuds, they've got a lot of pace too, in the that last game we sat deeper and played on the counter, the wise money would be on a similar approach wouldn't be surprised if we only have 40% or less possession.