Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 13/08/17 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rafa mentioned it as a joke, honestly they have bigger aims and finished 2nd last year. I'll be surprised if they actually care.

They'll have been fucking embarrassed by that. Of course they'll care. Anything apart from a hiding would be nice to take to Huddersfield. Still think we can get something though.

:thup: Yup - they were embarrassed. They were great all season and Arsenal pipped them on the final day due to their failure to get a result out of a relegated side. It matters.

Rafa mentioned it as a joke, honestly they have bigger aims and finished 2nd last year. I'll be surprised if they actually care.

They'll have been f***ing embarrassed by that. Of course they'll care. Anything apart from a hiding would be nice to take to Huddersfield. Still think we can get something though.

It was a year ago man :lol: They have finished 2nd since then and played in the CL, they are massively small time if they give a shit about it and i doubt they will.

I doubt they are going to let a defeat to an already relegated side over a year ago, effect them. Only Newcastle fans actually think this is a thing.

Quite glad Sissoko is probably going to be starting for them. Whilst he's obviously pretty s****, it'll help the atmosphere too with the grief he will be getting.

Type of situation where he might shine though, he'll certainly be more motivated against us than he usually is playing for them. Personally rather him be on the bench warming up for most of the game, that would have a similar effect on the atmosphere.

Guest firetotheworks

He's going to get boo'd to fuck isn't he?

His reception isn't going to be great. Hopefully it reaches Michael Owen levels.

Howeh, there's every ex player and then there's Michael Owen.

He's going to get boo'd to fuck isn't he?

His reception isn't going to be great. Hopefully it reaches Michael Owen levels.

Saw this the other day:

Ah reet, so THAT'S your breaking point m8 :lol:

He's going to get boo'd to f*** isn't he?

Just watched Owen's return to SJP on Dailymotion. Still fantastic :lol:

Merson's Tottenham prediction: 'Could be a cricket score'

He gives a weekly prediction to every top flight game on Sky Sports. Does he think Newcastle will beat Tottenham? He predicts:

Newcastle simply haven’t signed enough players. Rafa Benitez has managed at the top of European football and I’m sure he doesn’t have plans to stay in the Premier League by the skin of his teeth following promotion.

I can see this whole affair at Newcastle coming to an end soon if Rafa continues not to be backed in the transfer market. They haven’t spent enough and if it wasn’t for the fans I’d tip them to go down.

Spurs are as good as anybody in the league and against a Newcastle side, who will have to attack in front of their own fans, this could be a cricket score.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-3

:lol:

Merson's Tottenham prediction: 'Could be a cricket score'

He gives a weekly prediction to every top flight game on Sky Sports. Does he think Newcastle will beat Tottenham? He predicts:

Newcastle simply haven’t signed enough players. Rafa Benitez has managed at the top of European football and I’m sure he doesn’t have plans to stay in the Premier League by the skin of his teeth following promotion.

I can see this whole affair at Newcastle coming to an end soon if Rafa continues not to be backed in the transfer market. They haven’t spent enough and if it wasn’t for the fans I’d tip them to go down.

Spurs are as good as anybody in the league and against a Newcastle side, who will have to attack in front of their own fans, this could be a cricket score.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-3

[emoji38]

Oh how I missed that pisshead gobshite, as if Rafa is going to attack just to appease us. I think we will shock Spurs tbh

Makes me miss the Championship attention we had (or non-attention), as we were not in the eyes of the mainstream gobshite like Merson and co. on a weekly basis. Now, we're back and all those cliches about us gets spouted by these mongs again.

Before anything I will say, think we'll get beat this weekend. But the thing is all these pundits paid little to no attention to us last year, so their view on our squad is based on what the players did the last time they paid any attention:

Clark  - He was a bag a shite at Villa, according to them, Newcastle are relying on him to be their main CB, they are screwed.

LeJuene - Failed at Man City, bargain basement signing, not going to be any good.

Manquillo - Awful at the worst club in the division last year.

Ritchie - Was OK at Bournemouth but they let him go to a Championship team last season and still had a decent season without him.

Atsu - Was crap at Everton, failed at Chelsea.

Shelvey - A lot of promise that never materialised in stints at Liverpool and Swansea, was ineffective in trying to keep Newcastle up.

Hayden - Never heard of him, he's a failed Arsenal youth player.

Gayle - Couldn't get into the Palace team, he's their main striker, wtf.

The truth is though, if they had watched us last season, a lot of these players have improved immensely under Rafa, it's good to be a little under the radar and keep these perceptions going for now, because if they for example dismiss Shelvey as a threat and give him the space he was afforded against Verona or Bradford, he'll have a field day.

Spuds though are a class above us for sure, no point in disguising that, it's amazing that our last PL game was against them and we thrashed them. Lighting isn't going to strike twice, just hope we don't get embarrassed or not turn up, like the Fulham game last year.