Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 13/08/17 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Be shocked if the starting line up is anything other than the one that started the last pre-season: Elliot, Manquillo, Lejuene, Clark, Dummett, Hayden, Shelvey, Ritchie Atsu, Perez and Mitro. The only debate will be if he will take a chance on Gayle's match fitness levels or put him on the bench.

Think we'll lose this but it's important we get off to a good start this season. A promising performance even in defeat would be very welcome, and I think that'll be the case.

Digging in for a draw would probably be decent. Positive performance would be good though showing if we can be organised and be dangerous on attack

Be shocked if the starting line up is anything other than the one that started the last pre-season: Elliot, Manquillo, Lejuene, Clark, Dummett, Hayden, Shelvey, Ritchie Atsu, Perez and Mitro. The only debate will be if he will take a chance on Gayle's match fitness levels or put him on the bench.

If Gayle plays I would doubt that Perez will. Rafa seemed to like Diame beside Gayle last year

Think we'll lose this but it's important we get off to a good start this season. A promising performance even in defeat would be very welcome, and I think that'll be the case.

Digging in for a draw would probably be decent. Positive performance would be good though showing if we can be organised and be dangerous on attack

Diame didn't play a single pre-season game in the number 10 slot, he's not playing that role this season. Perez backed up by Dejong, is the way he will go. He may even go with a flatter midfield 3 with Shelvey playing a more advance role.

If we're going to stay up this season we need to be difficult to beat at home. Start going into any home game being grateful for a positive performance is preparing for relegation.

If we're going to stay up this season we need to be difficult to beat at home. Start going into any home game being grateful for a positive performance is preparing for relegation.

A positive performance would see us hard to beat. I just think they'll outclass us, they're a very good side.

A positive performance would see us hard to beat. I just think they'll outclass us, they're a very good side.

Based on his time here, and at Liverpool, I'd say these are the sort of games where Benitez' teams have a chance. Based on the results today as well we can't go into these games expecting defeat as our competition will be earning a decent number of points against top 6 teams.

Very excited, hope the crowd create a cracking atmosphere.

I've no doubt the crowd will be up for it. Unfortunately 15 minutes in it'll be flat as a witches tit.

I think we'll see a few goals. Unfortunately I don't think NUFC will be getting many (if any)

0-3