Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Hopefully Sturridge. I can't see it myself but would love to see it happen.

For me personally thats too bigger risk with him and being in a relegation battle. Relying on him not getting injured is not worth the risk. We will need goals to get us out of the shit for sure, but would this lad deliver and stay fit? Huge gamble in my eyes.

Going to be the same problem with Ings though, which is our other apparent striking target.

I doubt either are serious targets but more so rumours.

Both present huge risk imo.

I personally hope Rafa will have some surprises up his sleeve. Nobody media wise had a clue about our loan for Merino until it was near enough agreed.

:thup:

I'd love to see Sturridge here for his ability, his fitness (and probably his attitude) would scare the shit out of me though. Getting someone to come in to prove themselves for the World Cup and scoring a hatful of goals would be class like.

My main point was that he was at Watford on loan for a significant period of time yet could only muster 15 minutes that says it all to me. Everyone getting excited about signing a player that couldn't get anywhere near Watfords first team last year

A loan wasted imo

My main point was that he was at Watford on loan for a significant period of time yet could only muster 15 minutes that says it all to me. Everyone getting excited about signing a player that couldn't get anywhere near Watfords first team last year

A loan wasted imo

He was injured.

Does this means Rafa has no money to spend?

Alternatively he wants to spend the money he does have elsewhere. This was someone he was willing to bring in during the summer, Dummett then got crocked in the first fucking match. :lol:

My guess is it's just an easy win. Groundwork already done, wages already discussed. Player now even more out of favour.

A loan wasted imo

I don't think anyone's getting excited really :lol:

A loan wasted imo

Agreed.

Bizarro signing.

A loan wasted imo

I don't think anyone's getting excited really :lol:

People are just positive we're making moves in the market early, rather than f***ing on late on in the window when it's probably too late. Which we've been prone to do.

Guest firetotheworks

A loan wasted imo

He was injured.

[emoji38] Even the fall back point was bullshit.

A loan wasted imo

He was injured.

[emoji38] Even the fall back point was bullshit.

:lol: The reason he only could muster 15 minutes was because after those 15 minutes his knee was fucked up.

Alternatively he wants to spend the money he does have elsewhere. This was someone he was willing to bring in during the summer, Dummett then got crocked in the first f***ing match. :lol:

My guess is it's just an easy win. Groundwork already done, wages already discussed. Player now even more out of favour.

My concern is I can't see him being a 'main' target. The Summer was slightly differed as he just wanted 'bodies'. But if there was money to spend albeit not a 'war chest' I would have thought he'd have spent some of it on a proven Left Back (assuming that's where he's play).

Alternatively he wants to spend the money he does have elsewhere. This was someone he was willing to bring in during the summer, Dummett then got crocked in the first f***ing match. :lol:

My concern is I can't see him being a 'main' target. The Summer was slightly differed as he just wanted 'bodies'. But if there was money to spend albeit not a 'war chest' I would have thought he'd have spent some of it on a proven Left Back (assuming that's where he's play).

Not that easy in Jan/with takeover/Ashley

Agreed - but surely we could do better than someone who's barely played.  Not really the signing you need when you're fighting to stay in the League - IMO.

Not that easy in Jan/with takeover/Ashley

Agreed - but surely we could do better than someone who's barely played.  Not really the signing you need when you're fighting to stay in the League - IMO.

Like who? Anyone we get is going to be a risk

It's not even Christmas, I think this sort of talk would be better on Feb 1st. As a main signing he's underwhelming but there's every chance he's just the beginning. A player Rafa knows a lot about after going in in the summer and as a deal it was probably fairly easy to conclude if talks were as advanced in summer as suggested, seems a good deal for us all things considered.

He'd really be going some to not improve our shower of shite.

I reckon it's out and out bollocks that. Even without the takeover, we'd be spending in this window to avoid relegation IMO.

May well be in our interests to keep pushing that we've got no brass, Rafa is in the dark etc.