Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Not that I think Conte will be there past the summer, but it didn't sound on him when Kenedy went out on loan that they had plans on selling him. Think he'll cost a fair bit for us to buy him if we want him.

I think Conte was just moaning tbh :lol:

I'm not particularly reading anything into it.

I think he’s worth 15m easily. He has been a breath of fresh air since arriving and I can’t help think now that a lot of our attacks come down the left, it gives Ritchie less to do so he’s more alive in the final 3rd. Is it a coincidence he’s started scoring and looking less hard worked since Kennedy arrived?

:thup:

He's taken the pressure off everyone from being happy to take the ball and carry it forward. If he doesn't have it he's ready to receive it and makes great runs. Really transformed our attack to have more dimensions and agree Ritchie is benefiting a lot from it.

Guest Howaythetoon

I was one of the Ritchie out brigade, but not now. I didn’t notice him first half against Southampton, everything was coming down our left or through the middle. And then in the second half he was brilliant I thought, adding to his performance with a well taken goal. Hopefully if we keep him, and we get better, Kennedy can do less huffing and puffing as well because he’s such a threat going forward I don’t want him shagged after 70 mins. For a Brazilian he’s actually very strong and hard working. I really like him and hope we keep him permanently.

I was one of the Ritchie out brigade, but not now. I didn’t notice him first half against Southampton, everything was coming down our left or through the middle. And then in the second half he was brilliant I thought, adding to his performance with a well taken goal. Hopefully if we keep him, and we get better, Kennedy can do less huffing and puffing as well because he’s such a threat going forward I don’t want him shagged after 70 mins. For a Brazilian he’s actually very strong and hard working. I really like him and hope we keep him permanently.

Alright Farage, calm down.

Alright Farage, calm down.

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Fair enough, and probably unfair. but I’ve been impressed with his work ethic, his strength and his desire to tackle and get back given his age, being a loanee, a Brazilian (sorry) and from Chelsea. I don’t think he’s trying to impress either, I just think he wants to be on the ball a lot, likes getting stuck in and has that youthful energy and stamina to get up and down the flank which is refreshing to see really. I had t seen anything of him when he arrived and thought here we go, another player who will probably not play much or when he does will go through the motions. Again I hope we sign him permanent, he can develop into a top player here under Rafa and I think the fans are going to love him.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye HTT you have had a howler there. Especially since our laziest player is being touted for the England team.

I wouldn’t say Shelvey is lazy per se, he’s trying to get away from that trait. I just think he doesn’t have the stamina, energy and pace to really put himself about. You can see him try. He tends to give up, maybe in frustration with himself? I sometimes look at him and he often seems upset with himself or lacking in confidence physically. Which he doesn’t do when he gets a foot on the ball...

Aye agree there's a difference between laziness and to be frank just not having energy, physical tools to be better.

I think Shelvey tries his best or he does now but simply has limitations that no amount of increased work rate can fix.

Aye agree there's a difference between laziness and to be frank just not having energy, physical tools to be better.

I think Shelvey tries his best or he does now but simply has limitations that no amount of increased work rate can fix.

He just needs what the Tour de France riders use

If and hopefully when we secure our PL status for next season, wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the club try to push this through, he fits the profile they like in terms of age and potential, at a good price. There is still a question on whether he will fancy a permanent move however, rafa will have to do some selling.

• 3 weeks later...