Kenedy

Scottish Mag

do we have a realistic figure to by him?  :undecided:

Can't imagine what it will be now, especially after MOTD did a highlights package on how he has transformed us. Chelsea struggling doesn't help.

Guest Howaythetoon

My worry is a new Chelsea manager wanting to take a look at him and again of Pardew gets it, he’ll take him back just to spite us and play him defensive central midfield or something. Or keep bringing him on for a CF at LB with 20 to go.

My worry is a new Chelsea manager wanting to take a look at him and again of Pardew gets it, he’ll take him back just to spite us and play him defensive central midfield or something. Or keep bringing him on for a CF at LB with 20 to go.

:lol: :lol: Saturdays weed session has started here

Sky pundit claiming that his form has alerted big European clubs as to his value, reckons we have a better chance of signing Dubravka. At least now we know how much impact a quality player with pace can make in the wide positions.

Isn't Dubravka already sorted with a clause to buy? Or did I Giggs?

Expect Kennedy to go elsewhere this summer but has been a class loan signing and another reason we shouldn't always ignore this route to strengthening the squad.

If the bigger champions league clubs are in for him he will be gone. If not, we are likely in with a shot as he clearly likes it here.

Isn't Dubravka already sorted with a clause to buy? Or did I Giggs?

Expect Kennedy to go elsewhere this summer but has been a class loan signing and another reason we shouldn't always ignore this route to strengthening the squad.

If the bigger champions league clubs are in for him he will be gone. If not, we are likely in with a shot as he clearly likes it here.

Yes, apparently Dubrakva is sorted, somewhere between 4-5million from memory.

And I agree re Kenedy, as he has certainly impressed and caught the eye of many. You'd hope Rafa is in there trying to sign him up now (isn't he buddies with Abramovich?) but, of course, it's not him signing the cheques...

How many of the Champions League Clubs would he be a starter at?

At least with us he has a chance to be an integral part of a team on the up, something I’m sure Rafa will be emphasising to him. I think we still have a chance to sign him.....

Sell Selz+Darlow, should be enough to get Dubravka in.

I can see Kenedy opting to stay with us tbh, Rafa will make him a world beater and lord knows what he is like under a team that doesn't play to his strengths.

Kennedy and Slimani together for that last 25 mins yesterday looked class....  Their link up play and movement to play off each other was outstanding.

If only we could sign them both.... 

Kennedy ran himself into the ground yesterday as well, no doubt that he enjoys playing for us and has bought into this teams incredible work ethic.  Also unsurprising that he is catching the eye of bigger clubs with a willingness to spend money....

We can sign both, and we probably should (or at least try to).

Those two plus Dubravka likely won’t cost more than £45m, which is about what we spent this season on transfers and loan fees.

Surely we’ll have more to spend next season. Right?

We will, right? :anguish:

How many of the Champions League Clubs would he be a starter at?

At least with us he has a chance to be an integral part of a team on the up, something I’m sure Rafa will be emphasising to him. I think we still have a chance to sign him.....

His contract expires in 2020 (?) but I'd expect Chelsea to try and load the kid's pockets (assume he has an agent now) with a fresh contract offer this Summer. It's what they have done with other starlets (who are on the loan merry-go-round). Loftus-Cheek is a cautionary tale - big on talent, a physical specimen too, whose career is being flushed down the shitter so far, because there's been little continuity in his development.

If he's signed to a new deal that would push him out of Ashley's price range imho. Reckon he'd be a hit in Germany, not at Bayern though - thinking just a rung below them ie. Schalke or Dortmund.

In his boots, I'd only consider a permanent move here if Rafa's future wasn't uncertain (which I believe is tied in with Ashley selling/fucking off this Summer).

Sky pundit claiming that his form has alerted big European clubs as to his value, reckons we have a better chance of signing Dubravka. At least now we know how much impact a quality player with pace can make in the wide positions.

A better chance of signing a player we already have a clause to purchase? Well that seems pretty obvious, unless I'm missing something.

A better chance of signing a player we already have a clause to purchase? Well that seems pretty obvious, unless I'm missing something.

I think he's saying the Sky pundit is saying Kenedy is attracting attention from Europe but we're likely to sign Dubravka.

Sounds like David Luiz is angling for a move to me.

‘I spoke with him before he left in January and told him he would love Newcastle,’ says Luiz. ‘I told him about the great support and atmosphere. Now he is in love. I am not surprised.

‘Rafa Benitez is also a great friend of mine. I told Kenedy that he would find a special coach, a special person who would improve him as a player and also as a man. I told him he is in good hands.’

‘I am enjoying my time at Newcastle, but obviously I have a contract at Chelsea. If something occurs then I will be more than happy, it is a good place for me. I like it.’

Aye, let's get this done. #1 target for me.