Huddersfield Town vs. Newcastle United - 20/08/17 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Mbemba wasn't at training today, was he?

Pretty sure he wasn't.

He was pictured flying out of NCL on Monday, IIRC.

Wasn't that for some African football awards (or possible Tiote related event) in London though?

Will be:

Elliot

Manquillo.      Lascellas.    Mbemba.    Clark

Merino.      Hayden

Ritchie.          Perez.          Atsu

Gayle

Imo

Guest firetotheworks

Will be:

Elliot

Manquillo.      Lascellas.    Mbemba.    Clark

Merino.      Hayden

Ritchie.          Perez.          Atsu

Gayle

Imo

Prefer Imo on the left tbh.

Jesus was left back for the bibs today in what looked like the first choice back 4 of Manquillo, Clark and Lascelles.

Rafa took Lascelles to one side at the end and stood coaching him one on one for ages away from the everyone else.

If we are going according to the bib theory, based off of the training session the team would be the following ...

Elliot

Manquillo - Lascelles - Clark - Gamez

De Jong - Diame

Ritchie - Joselu - Aarons

Gayle

Which would be pretty interesting.

Jesus was left back for the bibs today in what looked like the first choice back 4 of Manquillo, Clark and Lascelles.

Rafa took Lascelles to one side at the end and stood coaching him one on one for ages away from the everyone else.

If we are going according to the bib theory, based off of the training session the team would be the following ...

Elliot

Manquillo - Lascelles - Clark - Gamez

De Jong - Diame

Ritchie - Joselu - Aarons

Gayle

Which would be pretty interesting.

100% not that team surely! Two of our best players from last week in Atsu and Hayden left out! It might be the back four mind!

Anyway, 2-0 to us with a Gayle double!

Fearing the worst here. Our defence is so poor. Lascelles and Mbemba in there and Clark shunted out to left back (where he looked awkward imo) inspires me with no confidence. I thought Manquillo looked woeful defensively as well, despite what some said.

I'd keep Clark at centre half and hope for the best with Gamez and Manquillo at full back.

I think we'll play them very different to Palace did and will sit deeper and defend comfortably a lot and if it goes like last season at their place win it. The new striker they have is perhaps the main factor as to why they may break through this time.

Fearing the worst here. Our defence is so poor. Lascelles and Mbemba in there and Clark shunted out to left back (where he looked awkward imo) inspires me with no confidence. I thought Manquillo looked woeful defensively as well, despite what some said.

I'd keep Clark at centre half and hope for the best with Gamez and Manquillo at full back.

Our defence looked absolutely fine against Spurs last week, even after having to replace two of them.

Desperate for Merino to be given a start to show what he can do, but I have a funny feeling that Rafa will put Diame in. Really hope not though, Merino looked more than ready when he came on last week.

Our defence looked absolutely fine against Spurs last week, even after having to replace two of them.

I wouldn't say absolutely fine, both goals in an ideal world would be preventable. However I agree, Rafa has worked on players fitting into system regardless of how much game time and we looked still fairly solid and should be alright. I was glad Mbemba didn't seem to make any glaring mistakes, if he can work that out of his game and got that consistency could still do well, but will I think rely on if Rafa feels he's listening to what his instructions are and stays disciplined.

Fearing the worst here. Our defence is so poor.

What's this based on? it certainly isn't the performance level since Rafa's been in charge. There's a lot of things to fear with this squad but i really don't think the defence under Benitez, we are hard to break down and extremely well organised.

One of the best teams in the league was offering fuck all, until Voldemort decided he wanted to stamp on a player in front of the ref. I really wouldn't worry about the defence tbh, although i would worry about creating chances and relying heavily on Atsu to create something by himself.

Hard to judge where we are going in to this game, based on 11 v 11 last week we were rock solid however we should no real attacking intent. Defence will be massively weakened tomorrow as well due to injuries, just feel that the momentum Huddersfield will have will get them the win.

2-0