Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

I think Mitrovic has comfortably looked the better forward on every level personally like. I can only assume that there's some next-gen manager shite I'm not seeing. Some instructional workrate thing that makes Rafa moist but which my ignorant eyes just cannot see.

I'm not being flippant there either, Benitez obviously sees something in him. I don't think it's as petty as him simply not liking Mitrovic.

Guest firetotheworks

Joselu's link up play has been good in like one/two games. Seriously. Also this is the same argument people had against Mitro starting. "Well he should score goals! linking up play isnt enough". Wild

Yes, but there's no argument either way when the alternative's no better. :lol: Really, unless we're playing in a certain way that absolutely cannot be done with Gayle, he's the only one with any really big argument for playing.

Joselu's link up play has been good in like one/two games. Seriously. Also this is the same argument people had against Mitro starting. "Well he should score goals! linking up play isnt enough". Wild

Yes, but there's no argument either way when the alternative's no better. :lol: Really, unless we're playing in a certain way that absolutely cannot be done with Gayle, he's the only one with any really big argument for playing.

He really really is. Even if you dislike the lad it's there in plain sight how much of an improvement he made to us there. Hopefully even you can admit that. I'd doubt anyones knowledge or even just eyesight if they were to dispute that now. Deserves 3 starts in a row at least to get into the swing of things.

Guest firetotheworks

He really really is. Even if you dislike the lad it's there in plain sight how much of an improvement he made to us there. Hopefully even you can admit that. I'd doubt anyones knowledge or even just eyesight if they were to dispute that now. Deserves 3 starts in a row at least to get into the swing of things.

That bolded bit was specifically about hold up play like. I've actively wanted him starting for a while now, just for a change. I thought he was better than Joselu for the finish from Yedlin's cross alone, but the hype for him to play is canny ridiculous tbh, he's a better choice than Joselu because Joselu's not doing it, but I don't think Mitrovic will make the big difference that people seem to think. Depending on how we'd play, I'd have Gayle in before Mitrovic.

Guest neesy111

Yes, but there's no argument either way when the alternative's no better. [emoji38] Really, unless we're playing in a certain way that absolutely cannot be done with Gayle, he's the only one with any really big argument for playing.

That bolded bit was specifically about hold up play like. I've actively wanted him starting for a while now, just for a change. I thought he was better than Joselu for the finish from Yedlin's cross alone, but the hype for him to play is canny ridiculous tbh, he's a better choice than Joselu because Joselu's not doing it, but I don't think Mitrovic will make the big difference that people seem to think. Depending on how we'd play, I'd have Gayle in before Mitrovic.

Mitrovic also cost us some serious money and the return we've had has been poor.

Genuinely think this guy is just burned out. His performances early on were pretty promising, but he has completely run out of gas physically and mentally. He is not used to playing so much and being relied upon so heavily.

Has to be giving a bit of a rest, and Mitro really needs to take the opportunity with both hands, and not do anything stupid.

Genuinely think this guy is just burned out. His performances early on were pretty promising, but he has completely run out of gas physically and mentally. He is not used to playing so much and being relied upon so heavily.

Has to be giving a bit of a rest, and Mitro really needs to take the opportunity with both hands, and not do anything stupid.

This, think ppl are overly harsh on him,yes he’s not very good but there’s no lack from effort from the lad but even I think Mitro deserves a run now but if he gets sent off or banned, banish him till Jan and sell!

We're not even halfway through the season :lol:

Guest reefatoon

This, think ppl are overly harsh on him,yes he’s not very good but there’s no lack from effort from the lad but even I think Mitro deserves a run now but if he gets sent off or banned, banish him till Jan and sell!

How are people being overly harsh? He has been fucking shit and a waste of a shirt and people are calling it as it is.

The guy has been on the bench the majority of the time the last few years. He needs to be rotated/rested more IMO.

He needs to be rotated to get him out of the spotlight which he clearly doesn't relish in front of a demanding fanbase. Newcastle's not a club for players who lack confidence, he'd probably benefit from being on the bench for a while.

The guy has been on the bench the majority of the time the last few years. He needs to be rotated/rested more IMO.

Rotated straight out the exit door where the key rotates locking him out - the key then melted down so it can never be unlocked.

:lol: fucks sake.  To the point.

he's not aggressive enough to strike fear into opposition defenders. Mitro can make his presence felt and that's why defenders are more attracted to what he does, thus open gaps in the backline where we should capitalize. Joselu does link up play well but so does Mitro and right now, Mitro should absolutely start ahead of this guy.

His link up play isn’t that bad but everything has to be into his feet as he’s not adept with his chest or head.

HIs link up play is shit too, gives the ball away far too many times. No idea what people are saying to make this claim.

Obviously people see different things when they are watching a football game. |I've said from the start that his finishing is shit, and that he lacks confidence, but I do think he works hard, and his link up play is decent to a point. But he shouldn't be in the starting line up ahead of Mitro at the moment because Mitro can offer more aggression and goal threat.