Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

24 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I’m sure you said those exact words about Steve Bruce.

Steve Bruce didn't give his all. That's the difference.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Happy to say that I always defended him and never doubted for a moment he'd get to this level.

:lol:

40 minutes ago, James said:

Mike Ashley is confused

I think we all are to be fair!

Joselu in a CL final? What crazy ass bizarro world are we living in? 🤣

That being said I'm delighted for him!

:lol: Whatever next? Will Luuk De Jong lead the Netherlands to win the Euros? Will Riviere take France all the way to the World Cup final?

2 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

:lol: Whatever next? Will Luuk De Jong lead the Netherlands to win the Euros? Will Riviere take France all the way to the World Cup final?

Nah Maxi will take France there...

8 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

I think we all are to be fair!

Joselu in a CL final? What crazy ass bizarro world are we living in? 🤣

That being said I'm delighted for him!

And two teams from our group in t’other semi. Including one we thrashed. Bizarro indeed. I’m 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

And two teams from our group in t’other semi. Including one we thrashed. Bizarro indeed. I’m 

Were you interrupted by an ad or something? 😅

Edited by Joe1984

Bit annoying he keeps being referred to as an ex-Stoke player when he only played 22 times for them. :shifty:

7 hours ago, Beren said:

Bit annoying he keeps being referred to as an ex-Stoke player when he only played 22 times for them. :shifty:

I suspect it is to emphasise where he's came from and how unexpected this is.  Saying that he used to play for us wouldn't sound half as dramatic

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Always liked Joselu. I always thought he was one of those players that was a good player but just not good enough. Liked his movement but he just didn't have it. Then suddenly last season, he had it a bit.

This you?

image.thumb.png.8d3b58b6015c5461cdc064e477ac1cf0.png

9 hours ago, Heron said:

:lol:

9 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Steve Bruce did give his all.  Said Steve Bruce.

Sorry what? How's the bacon?

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

This you?

image.thumb.png.8d3b58b6015c5461cdc064e477ac1cf0.png

Is that the worst thing you can find about me talking about JOSELU? :laugh:

I'm not the type to have a massive go at the likes of Joselu. He tried his best. Seemed to have some ability but also... short of "it". Which is why he had the career he had until 32. 

On 17/09/2017 at 15:04, The College Dropout said:

This is it.

A player that provides Joselu's all-round game that is likely to score 15 goals pers season isn't available for 5m. As it is, he's a bargain and our best option.

But aye his finishing with his feet looks weak.

Good on him. It's rare for a player to be garbage for most of a career, fail upwards and actually look good.

Could he be one of 'those' that just never really found a system that worked for him till now? Real Madrid don't tend to tolerate s**t players for very long

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Good on him. It's rare for a player to be garbage for most of a career, fail upwards and actually look good.

Could he be one of 'those' that just never really found a system that worked for him till now? Real Madrid don't tend to tolerate s**t players for very long

He's a stop-gap backup measure for Madrid. He's only there on loan.

Since he left us he's been on the up and up. A couple of really good seasons in La Liga led to the loan. 

I always thought he could look a tidy footballer but something else seems to have clicked for him.

Commentary suggested he had been getting a bit of stick in the Madrid media. But like... he's Joselu... even before last night he had performed as well as could be reasonably expected - if not better.