Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

23 minutes ago, 54 said:

@Beren Would you do the honours?

Seriously, we haven't got a single Toon fan waking up from a coma anywhere? We can't shove a camera in the face of anyone and tell them Joelinton is world class and Joselu is at Real Madrid?

Just now, Mike said:

Seriously, we haven't got a single Toon fan waking up from a coma anywhere? We can't shove a camera in the face of anyone and tell them Joelinton is world class and Joselu is at Real Madrid?

There's an alternate reality somewhere where Joelinton is still shit, we're being managed by Chris Wilder, Murphy has been released and Trippier has just won Man Utd's player of the season for 2022-2023.

Between that reality and ours, I'd have to say that our reality is the fantasy. And we're living it :cloud:

1 minute ago, HawK said:

There's an alternate reality somewhere where Joelinton is still shit, we're being managed by Chris Wilder, Murphy has been released and Trippier has just won Man Utd's player of the season for 2022-2023.

Between that reality and ours, I'd have to say that our reality is the fantasy. And we're living it :cloud:

Fuck's sake. Are we in the coma?

Pleased for Joselu, I always felt he had specific qualities which were valuable in our setup even though he was quite far from being prolific. Should never have been mentioned in the same breath as someone like Riviere, for example, who was perhaps the most technically inept and least "switched on" striker I've seen play for us. 

On 18/06/2023 at 00:03, HaydnNUFC said:

Potentially Jacob Murphy vs Joselu in the Bernabeu in the CL. Who'd have foreseen that in 2018. :lol:

It's like when we sold Danny Simpson to QPR, and 3 years later he was a PL champion and a starter in the UCL quarterfinal vs Atletico.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Viana said:

I'm still convinced his biggest issue was his own self confidence. 

Think the Prem move was ultimately good for him. Think it toughened him up. Once he got back to Spain he went off.