Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Rob McDonald, Frank Pingel, Albert Craig, Pat Heard, Paul Moran, Dave Mitchell all garbage and much worse than Joselu.

I think Ray Clarke was the worst striker I've ever seen play for us, followed by Billy Rafferty......harsh on Dave Mitchell mind, 2 apps 1 goal isn't bad. Pingel & McDonald were certainly worse than the Hoss.

I know that injuries and a lack of squad depth forced him into an unfamiliar position, and that he went on to have a stellar career elsewhere, but I thought Jon Dahl Tomasson was pretty hopeless for us. To draw some parallels, he was slow and lightweight and I remember his shots floating into the arms of the keeper, a little bit like Luuk de Jong, whereas Andersson - more like Riviere - at least ran about, his movement was okay, he just fell apart in and around the penalty area.

I never really considered Smith a striker by the time he signed for us, Cordone was a figure of fun because of his 'Wolf' nickname and haircut but he had a decent start to the season, Owen deserves to be loathed but when he could be bothered he showed he still had a bit of talent, while Joselu is certainly up there with some of the above names as the worst I've seen play for Newcastle.

Heck knows what the AC Milan scouts saw in him, as well.

His goal record at his previous club was decent tbf.

Aye he scored goals in the Champions League against some big sides IIRC.  That Gothenburg side was pretty decent and had Jesper Blomqvist in it aswell.  Him and Andersson were the standout players.

Rob McDonald, Frank Pingel, Albert Craig, Pat Heard, Paul Moran, Dave Mitchell all garbage and much worse than Joselu.

I think Ray Clarke was the worst striker I've ever seen play for us, followed by Billy Rafferty......harsh on Dave Mitchell mind, 2 apps 1 goal isn't bad. Pingel & McDonald were certainly worse than the Hoss.

Aye, but i saw Ray Clarke score with a fantastic header at the Gallowgate End against Cardiff so he could do it, just once in a blue moon!

Aye, but i saw Ray Clarke score with a fantastic header at the Gallowgate End against Cardiff so he could do it, just once in a blue moon!

Frank Pingel was so bad although maybe Rob McDonald was worse.

No mention of Luuk De Jong? He was horrible for us.

Luuk de Jong is definitely the worst I’ve seen for us. Clearly just an awful few years in his career though. He couldn’t kick the ball

The saga of both de Jong's time here is some of the most tragic/hilarious stuff :lol:

Yup, it felt like it was a case of two de Jongs don't make a Dwight

When he starts up front it's like we're playing 3-4-2-0. The only contribution he makes is winning aerial duels and constantly trying to find space, even then though he almost never finds a teammate and just ends up giving possession away.

As poor as he is as a goalscorer, wtf is he meant to do with the shocking lack of service and creativity from his team mates?

He also won loads of headers and flick ons and nee fucker gambles on them.

Poor choice of scapegoat for today in my john humble.

As poor as he is as a goalscorer, wtf is he meant to do with the shocking lack of service and creativity from his team mates?

He also won loads of headers and flick ons and nee fucker gambles on them.

Poor choice of scapegoat for today in my john humble.

Agree, thought he was alright for about 65 minutes until he got knackered

I've been following NUFC for 30 years and I can't remember a more ineffective striker than this guy, he is just a complete non-entity of a footballer. Riviere was also dreadful but I can't remember him getting as much game time... maybe that's just my brain trying to banish any memories of him! 

I know Frank Pingel gets mentioned as being the worst ever but this Joselu has to be up there, certainly in the relatively recent past. He seems to get worse with every passing game.

If Rondon gets injured for any considerable amount of time we're basically down with this lad leading the line!

Guest firetotheworks

Joselu's been par for his transfer fee, I don't see the point in ridiculing him when he's done all you would expect of him, always worked hard, and Ashley's the one to blame for him being here. It applies to all of our players really, every time they're ripped to shreds by our fans it's just another situation in which Ashley gets away with it.

Someone earlier mentioned that he wins loads of headers / flick ons...

When he runs forward 10 yards and flicks his header on into the space he has just left who the fuck does he think is going to get on the end of them?

Just compare with Rondon who will run onto a long ball then bring it under control and hold it up to allow others to come into play....  World of difference

Playing with Joselu is like playing with 10 men, I get the fact that he was low cost and all we were allowed to bring in under Ashley but, I have played with lads in a Sunday Pub League who were better than him, how the hell is a player like that making a living out of this game?  I see lads playing Over 40's football now who are better, considerably better!!