Huddersfield Town 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 20/08/17 (post-match from p37)

Disco

Blob's kicking man :lol: Absolutely atrocious.

Pleased that Merino slip didn't result in a goal but looked as though Mounie was offside when Mbemba did that tackle. This lot are dirty as f***. Ince should have been booked and van La Parra too for kicking the ball away. Keep 11 men on 2nd half please

I couldn't believe Kachunga wasn't punished for booting Chancel in the face like  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Is it me or is Gayle too slow to try running the channels. I mean today he looks so off the pace.

He doesn't look the same player for me as 1st half of last season.

Gayle looks a bit off his normal self, dunno if it's the hamstring issue

Are there any other lone strikers in the Premier League in his mould? Great in the Championship but not sure he's got the game for the Premier League. Maybe Palace were right after all. Better for the last 20-30 minutes of games where the game is stretched. His figures suggest so.

Lucky by Merino, there. Was just going to say that he'd had an okay half.

What? He's been poor! Imagine Colback put in an overall display like that... His first game though.

I suppose you could say, Merino has been poor as have the team. When the team is very good, Colback is still shit.

Merino made more forward passes in the first minute than Colback usually does all game to be fair.

Aye, and to be fair it's his first game in English football, the best in the whole wide world like.

Pretty comfortable, tbh. Just need to get into some rhythm going forward. Don't buy this team doesn't have goals, all about confidence.

We've had 1 shot on target all game.

So have Huddersfield, and they only got that shot away because the ball fell kindly from them when our inception didn't quite come off for us.

Guest firetotheworks

What? He's been poor! Imagine Colback put in an overall display like that... His first game though.

Colback did put in a performance like that against Man City and loads of daft shites went on like it was Tiote Vs Arsenal away level.

Blob's kicking man :lol: Absolutely atrocious.

Pleased that Merino slip didn't result in a goal but looked as though Mounie was offside when Mbemba did that tackle. This lot are dirty as f***. Ince should have been booked and van La Parra too for kicking the ball away. Keep 11 men on 2nd half please

I couldn't believe Kachunga wasn't punished for booting Chancel in the face like  :lol:

Ah didn't realise it was Kachunga thought it was Ince. Was clearly a yellow card. Ref's been annoying

Guest Howaythetoon

Being schooled by Huddersfield... long hard season awaits unless major investment and bybthat I mean a new owner!

Is it me or is Gayle too slow to try running the channels. I mean today he looks so off the pace.

He doesn't look the same player for me as 1st half of last season.

Rafa said he was lacking confidence last week before the Tottenham game (about his injuries i think), it certainly seems that way.

Merino has looked tidy enough apart from the time he slipped towards the end. It's his first start in this country, it'll take him some time to get used to the frantic nature of football here.

Him and Hayden have been terrible, lost the midfield battle so far.

I think Hayden has been alright like considering he's playing by himself in there.

Hayden looks short of confidence more than anything to me. He's taking too long with his first touch and getting closed down, and once that happens it can play on your mind. Needs to get it back soon.

Merino has looked tidy enough apart from the time he slipped towards the end. It's his first start in this country, it'll take him some time to get used to the frantic nature of football here.

Agree. That falling over the ball was tragic like, thankfully they're shite.

Being schooled by Huddersfield... long hard season awaits unless major investment and bybthat I mean a new owner!

:lol: All they're doing is passing the ball between their two centre halves and midfielders going nowhere