Newcastle United 3 - 0 West Ham United - 26/08/17 (post match reaction from p22)

Greg

So do we think we'll see both Merino and Shelvey in midfield? Hard to see Merino being dropped.

Think if we play Joselu upfront we could potentially go 4-3-3.

Drop Perez, have Hayden holding and Merino and Shelvey in central midfield.

I know i have said this before but IMO Rafa won't do that. Relies too much on the wingers, not enough mobility around the striker and will lead to the striker being isolated due to the midfielders in question not being comfortable in the final third.

Fact of the matter is we need an attacking midfielder we can rely on, quite obviously none of them are good enough.

Yeah, you're likely right that Rafa won't go for that.

In any case a pairing of Merino and Shelvey would work if we stick with two. Merino is fantastic defensively and his work rate is great.

So do we think we'll see both Merino and Shelvey in midfield? Hard to see Merino being dropped.

Think if we play Joselu upfront we could potentially go 4-3-3.

Drop Perez, have Hayden holding and Merino and Shelvey in central midfield.

I know i have said this before but IMO Rafa won't do that. Relies too much on the wingers, not enough mobility around the striker and will lead to the striker being isolated due to the midfielders in question not being comfortable in the final third.

Fact of the matter is we need an attacking midfielder we can rely on, quite obviously none of them are good enough.

Yeah, you're likely right that Rafa won't go for that.

In any case a pairing of Merino and Shelvey would work if we stick with two. Merino is fantastic defensively and his work rate is great.

I'd prefer we keep Merino and Hayden. It's worked well today, and Shelvey doesn't deserve to walk straight back in.

Happy he scored because that previous miss was really poor :lol:

What a clutch performance from the boys today man. Absolutely massive going into the international break.

I'm delighted!