Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I mean ... If you're being visited by officials from a club you got to be more professional than that :lol:

If you take the story as gospel, aye. Sounds like bullshit to me though.

Edited by Manxst

Just now, Manxst said:

If you take the story as gospel, aye. Sounds like bullshit to me though.

Yeah, maybe. The level of detail makes me think it might be true though. Maybe he forgot it was on that day ;D

57 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, maybe. The level of detail makes me think it might be true though. Maybe he forgot it was on that day ;D

i reckon he thought “I’m going to the Villa, fuck these guys”. 

1 minute ago, brummie said:

i reckon he thought “I’m going to the Villa, fuck these guys”. 

It's a great way to let them know you've decided to go elsewhere :lol: 

I am going to be interested to see how we play both Coutinho and Buendia next season.

Coutinho is on a different level technically, but Buendia is absolutely brilliant and in the latter half of the season really started to come out of his shell after his move.

55 minutes ago, brummie said:

I am going to be interested to see how we play both Coutinho and Buendia next season.

Coutinho is on a different level technically, but Buendia is absolutely brilliant and in the latter half of the season really started to come out of his shell after his move.

What did you think about the 4-3-2-1 you played on Sunday?

Thought it was really effective against Man City for large periods as it closed up all the space they usually have centrally, and you lot just lost your heads after the first goal and with the crowd really getting into it.

I think you would have won that game if it was at your place.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

What did you think about the 4-3-2-1 you played on Sunday?

Thought it was really effective against Man City for large periods as it closed up all the space they usually have centrally, and you lot just lost your heads after the first goal and with the crowd really getting into it.

I think you would have won that game if it was at your place.

i saw this tweet about the match which I thought was marvellous and summed it up. We need to be more mentally tough 

35 minutes ago, brummie said:

i saw this tweet about the match which I thought was marvellous and summed it up. We need to be more mentally tough 

Yeah, the whole atmosphere changed once Man City got their first, and your lot clearly folded in the moment.

I was impressed by the performance for the most part though, and the call By Gerrard to go with that tactical setup.

I missed Schlotterbeck signing with Dortmund. Reported fee of only €25m.

They'll probably flip him to Bayern for double that in two years.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

10 hours ago, duo said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/20159690.fulham-open-talks-sign-newcastle-united-loanee-matt-targett/

I would be seriously annoyed - would rather sign the lad than an unknown entity.  Then they could just focus their efforts on others areas of the team.

If we’re signing someone better or someone the club seems better it’s just one of those things. A shame but we have to be ruthless.

45 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would people want him here out of interest.  Not sure I would.  31 next year and would take a huge amount of cash to happen and would restrict us developing the squad elsewhere. 

25 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Would people want him here out of interest.  Not sure I would.  31 next year and would take a huge amount of cash to happen and would restrict us developing the squad elsewhere. 

I know it seems mental to turn your nose up at Neymar, but we already have one wide player who doesn't really take their pressing/defensive work seriously, add another to the 11 would put a lot of stress on the defence... That being said, it's fucking Neymar, of course I'd have him lol.

“According to El Mundo, Neymar receives more than 500,000 euros (about 4.35 crores) per month at PSG due to a clause in his contract called an ethical bonus. This means that the French club pays him nearly 6.5 million euros every year simply because he shows up and is polite.

The clause obliges him to “greet and thank the fans before and after each match”, and the Brazilian must also avoid “any negative public comments about the tactical options of the team” and not “make negative comments about the club, including those who work there and those who publicly support it”.” ?

https://beerheadbar.com/what-is-neymar-psg-contract/