Other clubs' transfers

Greg

10 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Barça president Laporta on de Jong: “There are many clubs that want him, not just Man United. We have no intention of selling him, he wants to stay”. 

Will be hilarious if this falls through. Long gone are the days they could strong arm Van Persie off a rival. 

What the fuck do Man Utd want De Jong for he was utter shit for us fuck knows how he ended up at Barcelona 

Edited by Pokerprince2004

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

What the fuck do Man Utd want De Jong for he was utter shit for us fuck knows how he ended up at Barcelona 

Not sure if serious

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I think you have de Jong player mate!

Guest neesy111
6 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

:hmm:

2020/21 Man United scored 73 league goals and finished 2nd. 

With Ronaldo 2021/22 they scored 56 and finished 6th. 

So the 'where would they be without Ronaldo's goals' is obviously deeply misguided. This is groundhog day with discussing Ronaldo at Juve last summer. A team built around and to serve a singular goalscorer who doesn't press from the front. 

It's hardly a criticism of the player to point this out so I can't understand why the fanboys get so defensive. He's 37 ffs - it's understandable that there is limitations.

3 hours ago, STM said:

Ronaldo leaving is great news for them. They can start building a serious team.

What in the fuck Man Utd have been doing signing dinosaurs like Zlatan, Falcao, Cavani and Ronaldo, I don't know. The Man Utd I knew, hated but respected used to sign the cream of the crop, who were about to hit peak.

SAF had a history of signing experienced strikers too. Sheringham, Larsson and van Persie off the top of my head.

Edited by Pata

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

SAF had a history of signing experienced strikers too. Sheringham, Larsson and van Persie off the top of my head.

Aye as an extra to what they already had, not as transfer strategy.

51 minutes ago, STM said:

Aye as an extra to what they already had, not as transfer strategy.

How could you call it a transfer strategy? You can’t really say no when the second greatest footballer ever and a club legend wants to come back? I don’t really see how it’s any different to what SAF did. They were an extra to what they had and I would only class Falcao as a flop and he was the one that was supposed to be in his prime.

Man United have been bad enough for a decade now that you don’t have to make things up to have a laugh at them. :lol:

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Van Persie was still at his peak when he went there.

Was older than the dinosaur Falcao when he signed for them. No doubt still in his prime but he wasn’t going to get better.

37 minutes ago, Pata said:

Was older than the dinosaur Falcao when he signed for them. No doubt still in his prime but he wasn’t going to get better.

Tbf he was 29 and probably came off the best season he'd played in an arsenal shirt.

He also helped them win the title in his first season there

The RVP transfer was about going to your main rival and taking their best player and the leagues best player, because you could. 

It wasn’t building for the future, it was ‘fuck you we’re Manchester United’. They can’t do that any more, not a single big 6 player would see them as a step up. 

10 hours ago, Pata said:

How could you call it a transfer strategy? You can’t really say no when the second greatest footballer ever and a club legend wants to come back? I don’t really see how it’s any different to what SAF did. They were an extra to what they had and I would only class Falcao as a flop and he was the one that was supposed to be in his prime.

Man United have been bad enough for a decade now that you don’t have to make things up to have a laugh at them. :lol:

When Man Utd signed the 3 you mentioned, they had other world class strikers around them, when they signed the ones I mentioned, they didn't.

It's fine to add an experienced ageing striker as someone who can bolster your squad but it's not fine if they are brought in to be the main man.

Where are Man Utd in the hunt for strikers? I haven't seen them seriously linked with any.

11 minutes ago, STM said:

When Man Utd signed the 3 you mentioned, they had other world class strikers around them, when they signed the ones I mentioned, they didn't.

It's fine to add an experienced ageing striker as someone who can bolster your squad but it's not fine if they are brought in to be the main man.

Where are Man Utd in the hunt for strikers? I haven't seen them seriously linked with any.

Probably not in the hunt because Ronnie waited until a month before the season to tell them he wanted to leave

Edited by triggs

17 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

You've got the De Jong one. 

Guest HTT II
31 minutes ago, OCK said:

You expect me to spend my day trawling through all the tripe you lot post. 

Reported, you’ve picked on De Jong poster here my friend.