Other clubs' transfers

Greg

13 minutes ago, Kanji said:

You are all creating concerns in your own head. By now there’d already have been a swirl of rumors of him being an asshole. Where are those?

that’s only one of the possibilities. We aren’t ITK nor people within the industry.

1. his performance at Milan

2. his performance during the second half of last season

3. his position

4. his play style

5. his wage demand

6. his personal affairs

All could be the reasons. It’s just discussion bro. What we know is only West Han willing to take him at such a “discount price” very late in this window.

Edited by Zero

As someone that has seen Paqueta quite frequently I think the big problem for him has been he doesn't really fit into most top sides needs. As someone who is something of a versatile player, but that does it probably at best as something between a #10 and CM I'm not sure what team he'd come in an improve massively so much that they would be willing to spend lots of money on him (apart from us unfortunately).

Arsenal, is probably the side that would've benefitted most from him, playing him in the new Xhaka role next to Odegaard. But we already know that they had other priorities such as the front 9 as they lost Auba and Laca in the space of 6 months. I'm not sure about this Fabio Vieira guy, but if they hadn't signed him, maybe they would've gone for Paqueta.

Chelsea - have prioritised other positions as well as he'd probably have to compete with someone like Mount. Tottenham is the same problem. Where does he fit tactically with Conte?

Man United and Man City - Bit expensive to have someone being backup to Bruno and KDB the way they set up their team right now. 

Liverpool, a team he could've potentially worked with given their style of play off the ball, however, with the ball Liverpool are very very direct and Paqueta has this problem that he sometimes slows down play. Rumours are they were interested in him but didn't pursue it. Maybe because they went with Darwin Nunez early in the window or maybe Klopp didn't see how he fits the team with possession.

For the other big european sides, Bayern Munich don't tend to spend that much money on players, but could've seen him there. Real Madrid and Barcelona both made huge signings earlier in the window in Tchouameni (who looks brilliant at that age) and Raphinha (who for me is a better player than Paqueta atm). PSG are the only other side that could've afforded him and I think their interest died when Leonardo was sacked as well as when Messi was signed.

He is hell of a signing for West Ham if used correctly and if he adapts well, I think him next to Declan Rice and one of their more technical and mobile players could really improve them. Enough to become a top 6 side? No, the gap is too big imo at the moment. However, with this signing they are definitely my favourites to finish 7th again. 

2 minutes ago, spudwiser said:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transferts-le-psg-veut-le-milieu-carlos-soler-valence/1350956

15m is a ridiculously low fee for a player of his quality. Getting the dude from Napoli as well. 

hes class, would be a perfect upgrade to our midfield and he and Bruno would be bloody class together. Add the fact he’s a good leader, can play wide too 

4 minutes ago, spudwiser said:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transferts-le-psg-veut-le-milieu-carlos-soler-valence/1350956

15m is a ridiculously low fee for a player of his quality. Getting the dude from Napoli as well. 

They're signing loads of players at a reasonable fee. €100m or something like that for Vitinha, Sanches, Ruiz and possibly Soler is just disgustingly good business. 

Just now, leffe186 said:

Why didn’t a top club buy him?

Think Flips post above covers it pretty well. Also just because you're not the right type of player or good enough to fit into a really top team it doesn't mean you're not good enough to be brilliant for a West Ham or a Newcastle

15 minutes ago, triggs said:

Think Flips post above covers it pretty well. Also just because you're not the right type of player or good enough to fit into a really top team it doesn't mean you're not good enough to be brilliant for a West Ham or a Newcastle

Yeah I deleted my post ‘cos his popped up while I was typing :lol:

4 hours ago, Stifler said:

I think they like to try and push bad guy image over to other clubs. They likely want to sell, they know they likely don’t have the financial resources not too, but they know their fans will kick off if they do sell. Pushing the blame onto other clubs and/or individual players keeps it off them. I’m not sure if they do it with other foreign teams, but pushing the ant-English narrative may go down well with some supporters. If the roles were reversed and Ligue One was the rich league, I know and anti-French stance by our club owners would work wonders over here.

Its like a three year old. Buhu the big clubs didnt come in so i could rinse them for money. Then take it out at West Ham open in the media. Such a low standard by an owner. Same goes for the Montpellier owner. Total douch. Cant remember any owner acting like that bar the french. 

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Sanches, Soler and Ruiz were all in the last year's of their contract. Was hoping we'd be in for at least one of those.

Great business by PSG. Campos isn't messing around.

6 hours ago, Flip said:

He is hell of a signing for West Ham if used correctly and if he adapts well, I think him next to Declan Rice and one of their more technical and mobile players could really improve them. Enough to become a top 6 side? No, the gap is too big imo at the moment. However, with this signing they are definitely my favourites to finish 7th again. 

Not sure Moyes will be the right man to use him correctly mind, his sides have usually been more about pace and power than finesse. I'm sure the lad's a very fine player, but can't recall a Moyes side using a number 10 type of player particularly effectively before.