Other clubs' transfers

Greg

The thing is I don’t even rate the business done by Chelsea. They’ve done a Man U and vastly overspent on not world class players. 

cucurella - decent

fofana - paying for potential

Sterling - good signing

Koulibaly - old and losing legs

who else?

Ridiculous money wasted

ecen with losses on Werner, Lukaku etc 

one thing about their previous owner is that they were frustratingly well run, with a great academy and eye for smart signings on the up. Like Man City now. 

this reeks more like fantasy football and throwing money without a clear strategy. They will implode.

Looks like Alvarez is trying to force through a move to Chelsea from Ajax, which surely puts Gallagher into play for a loan if it happens?

AMSTERDAM - Edson Alvarez (24) is the third Ajax player after Antony and Mohammed Kudus who wants to make a transfer at all costs, because he has received an offer that cannot be refused. The midfielder does not train and wants to go to Chelsea, which has made an offer of 50 million euros for him in Amsterdam.

From Mike Verweij in De Telegraaf.

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

What a summer for Ajajx. So much chaos. Making an absolute killing though.

They will replenish like usual - such a shame though as I thought they had slightly adjusted their transfer policy in terms of trying to hold their players bar the odd one like an Antony for a huge fee.

I suppose money talks in the end - sad really because they are such a giant of a club - just reflects the reality of the money in football today 

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

They will replenish like usual - such a shame though as I thought they had slightly adjusted their transfer policy in terms of trying to hold their players bar the odd one like an Antony for a huge fee.

I suppose money talks in the end - sad really because they are such a giant of a club - just reflects the reality of the money in football today 

Yeah, they should be fine with the money they've pulled in. They've been very well compensated.

I think they will really continue targeting good players that have gone to bigger leagues and haven't quite clicked and bring them in.

Worked fantastically well with Haller last year and they've done well to get Bergwijn this summer.

Just now, McCormick said:

Tie lemons must be off somewhere as teams are seemingly going out of their way to sign other (inferior) midfielders. Hmmm.

Or Leicester has decided to keep him for a final year ;)