Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I don't really get what they're doing?

People were raving about Partey last season and Xhaka was seen as having his best season and they're getting rid of them both?

Partey dropped off and there’s been a ton of question over his long term ability to be the main anchor for them. They see Rice as the next step for them, particularly his durability. Think they’ll also play Havertz in Xhaka’s role too. 

42 minutes ago, brummie said:

I think he's looking at it in terms of increasing the quality available in as many areas as possible, and whoever earns the start, gets it.

Torres, Mings, Konsa and Diego Carlos as centre half options is very good.

Now we need a back up keeper, a right back and a wide player.

Emery strikes me as being a bit like Eddie Howe, he knows he won't be able to buy the creme de la creme players because they'll go to the Hallowed 6, but he knows how to coach a team, and he knows how to recruit players to fit that plan. He's not going to win the title, but he'll be able to aim for Europe every season just because he's better at that than most of his rivals.

Just now, TRC said:

Villa must be close to going over on FFP?

Shame they shouldn't even be in the PL, jammy fucks.

The Grealish sale has probably done them no end of good in terms of FFP...

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I don't really get what they're doing?

People were raving about Partey last season and Xhaka was seen as having his best season and they're getting rid of them both?

Also, might be a lazy take from me but wasn’t the collapse partly to do with Salian’s injury and the lack of quality back up defenders? Were they not still scoring goals but just conceding loads? Might be wrong like.

:thup: "buy cheap, buy twice" and that, was more commenting on Romano's narrative-setting though.

There must be a hell of a lot of PL clubs operating at 90% wage/turnover, or thereabouts. Us included. Struggling to see how so many seem to make the maths work. 

Just now, Interpolic said:

:thup: "buy cheap, buy twice" and that, was more commenting on Romano's narrative-setting though.

There must be a hell of a lot of PL clubs operating at 90% wage/turnover, or thereabouts. Us included. Struggling to see how so many seem to make the maths work. 

It depends on the owners intention. Profit and loss simply doesn’t matter to most of them, the equity value of the clubs rocketing does. Look at Chelsea made massive losses but still sold for a profit. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It depends on the owners intention. Profit and loss simply doesn’t matter to most of them, the equity value of the clubs rocketing does. Look at Chelsea made massive losses but still sold for a profit. 

:thup: agreed but in terms of FFP. I know all PL clubs bring in £100m+ these days but transfer spends of £100m+ aren't uncommon and wages must be costing a hell of a lot too. Just feels like a never ending spiral of cost that can't be covered by TV money etc forever. 

Edited by Interpolic