Other clubs' transfers

Greg

29 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

60M for Mount man, christ he's not worth that. 

105M for Rice seems high but that price isn't just for the players ability. He leaves a massive hole in the West Ham team so there was no way they were going to let him go for a bargain price. 

I haven't seen him loads but when I have he has looked absolutely class. A proper backbone player. 

Yep seems strange by manu 60m for Mount man he’s such a ready salted crisps type of player and signing, boring and bland and not what they need, decent enough but can’t see him improving them much.

60m for another attacking midfielder that they have plenty of when they are desperate for a top striker. Lovely 

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Can you imagine how depressing supporting NUFC would be right now if we didn't get taken over. Doesn't bare thinking about really. 

:lol: still be haggling with Leicester for £3m rated Hamza Choudhury.

54 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Ah fair, TalkSport reporting shit isn't surprising. I couldn't tell you how good he is, but £55 millon seemed steep for a CB.

That’s actually €35m so £31m. 

I really don't know what people see in Mount. Goes missing a way too often. Has the legs that Eriksen does not have, but passing is lot worse.

If he would be let's say German or Dutch player, price would be half of that max.

13 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I really don't know what people see in Mount. Goes missing a way too often. Has the legs that Eriksen does not have, but passing is lot worse.

If he would be let's say German or Dutch player, price would be half of that max.

At the start of the 21/22 season he was only 22 years old and went on to score 11 goals with 10 assists in the Premier League over the season.

I think Man Utd are betting on him getting back to that kind of form, which is very  likely I think. Chelsea have been a complete shambles recently and it has hampered a lot of their players.

30 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Midfielders who can score and assist in double digits are always going to cost more than 50 million. Add to that the English tax, he is young, can press and follow instructions. The reported wages of 250-300K per week seem high if true. But Pochettino (wanted to keep him), Klopp, Tuchel, and Ten Hag wanted him and they are no mugs. 

23 minutes ago, KaKa said:

At the start of the 21/22 season he was only 22 years old and went on to score 11 goals with 10 assists in the Premier League over the season.

I think Man Utd are betting on him getting back to that kind of form, which is very  likely I think. Chelsea have been a complete shambles recently and it has hampered a lot of their players.

Exactly. Remember Rashford under Rangnick? 

Mount is homegrown and just turned 24 this year. It's expensive for someone with a year left but he does significantly improve us. 

Don't think people realise just how much Eriksen's legs went last season. He was out on his feet by 60 mins when he played. 

£240k a week for Mount is what I'm hearing from my little birds inside the club. Couldn't get Fergie on the blower tonight. 

Puts him on par with Bruno but Bruno will get a new contract in the near future to make him our highest earner. 

Mount plays with no style or swagger. Doesn’t look like a top player.  

but at his best he scores goals, creates goals does everything a manger asks. He’s going to go for a lot of money. 

I always preferred Maddison because HG has more ability on the ball and is more enjoyable to watch. But I reckon most top managers would prefer Mount because of the off the ball work he does. 

Can't see how Mount makes them a better team tbh. Strengthens the squad definitely but the person you'd drop to make way for him is probably offering just as much.

If you're an opposition fan and you saw Mount on the team-sheet instead of Eriksen would you shit yourself? Exactly. 

2 hours ago, Deuce said:

:lol: still be haggling with Leicester for £3m rated Hamza Choudhury.

and that would just be a smokescreen to make it look like we were actually trying to do at least something, which we wouldn't be.

Halcyon days.

Edited by Wolfcastle

20 hours ago, rgk_lfc said:

Bayern scored 92 goals in 34 games this season, and I think that is the lowest in the last few years. They normally score nearly 100 goals. The Spurs scored 70 goals in 38 games. I am not trying to downplay Lewa who is a great player. But I think Kane is not that far behind. Sometimes we are guilty of underrating EPL players. Kane's record in the premier league is insane. I think he is as good and there is a slight chance that he could be better than Lewa. I would be sad to see him leave Spurs as he is a genuinely great striker and I love watching such players. However, if he moves to Bayern, I wouldn't bet against him scoring late 30s number of goals per season, atleast. 

I don't disagree, I never even said he was behind, let alone far behind.

53 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I think Mount and Rice are both underrated on here. I expect both will do very well next season.

No doubt about it. Mount was Chelsea's player of the season twice (when they weren't a shambles) and I expect him to get back to that sort of form. 

2 hours ago, KingArthur said:

I hate this take, if he was Italian, Dutch or whatever he’d get way less hate; of course English tax is a thing but being proven in by far the best league in the world comes with a hefty price-tag. He’s a very good player and is very versatile tactically. 

Mount is young, english talent in a clownshow of a club. Absolutely no problem at that price, wages seem a bit much but very good signing for Man U imo, and how on earth are Chelsea letting him go? Madness