Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Bit of a weird move from Liverpool, no? They play 4-3-3, they already have Gakpo as a flexible AM/wide option with technical quality.

Can't see Szobalaszai being in their midfield 3 unless they're in an injury crisis either.

They will play 3-2-2-3 that they finished season with, Same as City.

Alison

Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Trent Fabinho

Szoboszlai MacAllister

Salah Gakpo Diaz

24 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

They will play 3-2-2-3 that they finished season with, Same as City.

Alison

Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Trent Fabinho

Szoboszlai MacAllister

Salah Gakpo Diaz

Loving all these 'new' formations teams are all adopting.  Inverted full-backs, the new false 9?

that box midfield is the new it thing. We sorta dabbled with it late last season for some period of time late in matches -- Trippier dropped in next to Bruno and we had 2 midfielders ahead and our front 3 ahead of that. 

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

that box midfield is the new it thing. We sorta dabbled with it late last season for some period of time late in matches -- Trippier dropped in next to Bruno and we had 2 midfielders ahead and our front 3 ahead of that. 

Arsenal did it with Zinchenko last year too, I think they will do it with Timber this season.

Ramsdale

White Saliba Gabriel

Timber Rice

Odegaard Havertz

Saka Jesus Martinelli

5 hours ago, KingArthur said:

And i hate that "proven in PL" thing, because it really does not mean a thing. Football is not that different in top level. Chris Wood is proven in PL, and you can easily find 50 better strikers that are cheaper from the continent. 

Yes, Mount is pretty young and English, and knows the league and culture and all that. He will not need time to adapt. Mount has had one very good season, and couple of average ones. His stats are pretty much similar to Harvey Barnes', who has been playing in a poor team. Sterling cost less than Mount, and his numbers are totally different.

IMO same thing that with players like Phillips, Maguire etc. As soon as English player shows some kind of promise, prices skyrocket. I think he will do ok for ManU, but he is not a world beater. Just like Barnes is not. Wages are ridiculous.

Yep. Harvey Barnes will probably go to West Ham for around 35m (accept that Mount is probably a bit more versatile).

2 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Liverpool seem to get their transfers done and dusted without any fuss and with impressive speed.

I mean they’ve waited until the last possible moment to get this one done to be fair … 

Great signing for the scousers, got to be said. I'd have absolutely loved him here based on what I've seen and read. 

It's going to take years to catch the likes of Liverpool up off the park though realistically, we've made massive strides in the last 18 months but pinching players like him from them will take a lot longer. I'm happy to wait though, it'll happen :)

2 minutes ago, Magpie said:

The complete bed wetting session about to unfold on socials is going to be a fucking delight ?

It’ll be bonkers ? Some people will completely forget about how well we’ve done so far in transfers and that Howe and Ashworth understand exactly what’s needed and how to operate within FFP.