Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Christ, if we're on a budget I'd have taken a chance at that price. Seemed to adapt second half of the season. 

I think we can assume the club has judged him to only be a stop gap solution which isn’t required given what we have on the books. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

I think we can assume the club has judged him to only be a stop gap solution which isn’t required given what we have on the books. 

Already have a stop gap in both Burn and Targett. If they have been looking at Hernandez and Di Marco then that shows the level we want to get to.

Aye that's fair. I'd have been happy to go with Targett and Lodi this season then see if we can get £8-12m back for Targett and upgrade the position, though. Take Burn out of the equation and into the CB rotation.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Man, football has been turned on its head. Wonder what it’ll look like in five year’s time

There’s been various ‘disruptor’ leagues in football history, from El Dorado (Colombia) in the 50’s, to the Chinese Super League and now the Saudi’s. 

None have ever really been able to overhaul the established countries and leagues. Sustainable leagues are built from the ground up (grassroots) and not by parachuting massive amounts of superstars on ridiculous wages in. 

It feels like this will be subject to the ebbs and flows of whatever the Saudi political situation is, if they get a World Cup you could see interest in a financially doped league fall away after. 

All these stars are only desirable to sign as they’ve made their name in the established European leagues. Will be interesting if they can produce their own superstar talent, I doubt they can, and even if they do they probably wouldn’t be taken seriously until they’ve played in Europe.