Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Thought Elvedi from Moechengladbach would have been a decent pickup, with Schar already at club. Wolves heavily linked: £7.7million for the defender, who is a 47-times Switzerland international. 

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'm fairly envious of Liverpool's business. Chelsea will be stronger with Caicedo and Nkunku too.

Both would be better than last season you would imagine, I also expect Villa to provide a strong challenge as well.

26 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Looked at various Diaby analysis, and can see why we didn’t offer.

I think what put us off most, is his defensive work, or lack of. Defensively, his stats are horrendous, in comparison to, Almiron. He is only completing 2.84 successful defensive actions per 90. Along with that, he only completes 4 defensive duels per 90 minutes with has a success rate of 45%. When compared to the other attacking players this is low, and has caused issues when Bayer Leverkusen press high up the pitch. 

Stats also suggest when Moussa Diaby comes across teams playing a low block, and the space becomes limited, he becomes significantly less effective. His short and medium passing completion rate is not great at 82% and 79% respectively, which is lower than many Bundesliga attacking players. 

I won’t go on, but you can see the type of player he is. Quick winger, but more of a luxury type player, who would need carrying. Be interesting to see if he ends up at Villa.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Based on my very subtle ellipsis, it could have been a club playing in black and white.

Notts Co really pushing the boat out again on their return to the Football League, huh?

Interesting position for Fulham. They could bag £100m for Mitrovic & Palhinha this summer, but then it’s a ? on replacements, and them succeeding. Marco Silva also hesitant on signing a new deal, suggests there’s quite a bit of uncertainty at the Cottage

Edited by Toon88

48 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Everyone knows they have £105 million burning a hole in their pocket.

And they've known they were letting Rice go for absolutely ages. Weird that they're scratching around for his replacement.

2 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

Interesting position for Fulham. They could bag £100m for Mitrovic & Palhinha this summer, but then it’s a ? on replacements, and them succeeding. Marco Silva also hesitant on signing a new deal, suggests there’s quite a bit of uncertainty at the Cottage

Palhinha would be a very risky sale, quite difficult to find team-defining central midfielders that can just come into the PL and dominate. As West Ham are finding. 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Surely no reason for Fulham to sell Palhinha right now. £40m isn't even a big fee these days. 

Aye, that's a very low offer to be honest. He's integral to Fulham

2 hours ago, Toon88 said:

Looked at various Diaby analysis, and can see why we didn’t offer.

I think what put us off most, is his defensive work, or lack of. Defensively, his stats are horrendous, in comparison to, Almiron. He is only completing 2.84 successful defensive actions per 90. Along with that, he only completes 4 defensive duels per 90 minutes with has a success rate of 45%. When compared to the other attacking players this is low, and has caused issues when Bayer Leverkusen press high up the pitch. 

Stats also suggest when Moussa Diaby comes across teams playing a low block, and the space becomes limited, he becomes significantly less effective. His short and medium passing completion rate is not great at 82% and 79% respectively, which is lower than many Bundesliga attacking players. 

I won’t go on, but you can see the type of player he is. Quick winger, but more of a luxury type player, who would need carrying. Be interesting to see if he ends up at Villa.

You were one of the 'lol stats' guys in the Barnes thread, right? :lol:

Edited by Pata

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Aye, that's a very low offer to be honest. He's integral to Fulham

I know Palhinha is a bit more limited than the really expensive DMs, but he would be a big hole to fill still. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know Palhinha is a bit more limited than the really expensive DMs, but he would be a big hole to fill still. 

:thup: He’s nee Rice or Rodri, but he’s arguably the best “destroyer” type DM in the league. IIRC his tackles numbers blew everyone else out the water last season.

1 hour ago, Toon88 said:

If I was Spurs I'd be going with £50m for Mitro to replace Kane. They've got Maddison to do the Kane dropping deep bit, they just need someone to score 15+ goals. If Maddison can get 10+ and Son goes back to being a 12+ scorer then they'll be fine. I doubt they'll have given up on Richarlison just yet either.