Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Yes. We were talking about set pieces. 

There's few as good as as Maguire in the league from defensive set pieces. He has many weaknesses but that certainly isn't one of them. 

Offensively though, from set pieces, he is poor. 

fou-rire-giggling.gif

Whether its Chelsea spending a ridiculous amount, us not being able to spend what we want or Wolves and Everton being utterly fucked and not able to sign players, its clear that FFP is a complete farce and not fit for purpose. Get rid. 

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Imagine thinking like Will.

I assume a Chelsea fan. 

The same club that will quite happily negotiate a loan deal for a young player provided they sign it one year contract extension. 

I do think the Kudus situation highlights a potentially subtle shift in how Brighton will do business. I don’t imagine Caicedo’s agents imagined the club would ask 100 million for him, but the Premier league is quite a volatile market. Players that sign for them will now know there’s a chance of a big move but it’s not entirely unfair to suggest the Brighton our pricing him out of a move to Chelsea. 

I don’t blame Brighton for demanding top dollar, but it will definitely change how players approach negotiations with them, including I would imagine any contract extensions that come up in the near future.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Whether its Chelsea spending a ridiculous amount, us not being able to spend what we want or Wolves and Everton being utterly fucked and not able to sign players, its clear that FFP is a complete farce and not fit for purpose. Get rid. 

Unfortunately it's exactly fit for the purpose of those that have a say in it.

Not saying it's likely by any means but I honestly think the best chance of anything changing is if a league like Saudi keeps trying to lure talent to the extent the Sky Six start losing out and need to lift restrictions for their own benefit.

FFP is utterly rank. So ironic that it was brought in to "protect" the little clubs but all it does is push them further and further away from the big fish. 

Throwing numerous £100m offers around on players when you've just failed to qualify for the most elite club competition makes a complete mockery of it. 

Gonna be great when they fail to get top 4 again though, surely that will fuck them badly? 

Edited by Scotty66

11 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

FFP is utterly rank. So ironic that it was brought in to "protect" the little clubs but all it does is push them further and further away from the big fish. 

Throwing numerous £100m offers around on players when you've just failed to qualify for the most elite club competition makes a complete mockery of it. 

Gonna be great when they fail to get top 4 again though, surely that will fuck them badly? 

They've got back £200+m in player sales this window already. Between that and handing out those daft 8/10 year deals in January they should have loads of wiggle room in terms of FFP for a while unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Jaqen said:

RAWK be in meltdown if they've haggled over a few m for Lavia after getting a massive injection of Saudi cash and Chelsea just come in and pay for him :lol:

Yeah. Initial reaction is I think I’d rather see Chelsea pick him up ?

He’s probably going to get limited minutes ??‍♂️ 

Absolutely laughable that Chelsea can do this continuously yet we have to sell players before we can buy, and still have to prioritise positions rather than fill the gaps in the team as we please. :lol: Which club is in the Champions League and which finished 12th again?

Edited by Decky

1 hour ago, Jaqen said:

They've got back £200+m in player sales this window already. Between that and handing out those daft 8/10 year deals in January they should have loads of wiggle room in terms of FFP for a while unfortunately. 

This, They’ve sold a lot of players - including around £20m for the livramento deal.  Their also much bigger commercial than we are and have that obscene youth setup they make a few bob from.

Edited by Gawalls

33 minutes ago, Decky said:

Absolutely laughable that Chelsea can do this continuously yet we have to sell players before we can buy, and still have to prioritise positions rather than fill the gaps in the team as we please. :lol: Which club is in the Champions League and which finished 12th again?

Getting into the CL is worth around £25m then reckon and yes they miss out on that but they got around £20m on the livramento deal, probably loads on loan deals as well. Not getting CL for one season won’t hit them that hard.