Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Maguire, Alvarez and JWP is s typically Moyes way to blow tht Rice cash.

He’d argue that’s very good use of the money. Getting players in that suit his style and have good experience in the league (well for 2/3 off them). He’ll be out pretty quickly if it fails though 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Thought it was weird they didn't give Scamacca more of a chance. 

Don't think he wanted to be there to be honest. Didn't want to get himself fit by all accounts

11 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

He’d argue that’s very good use of the money. Getting players in that suit his style and have good experience in the league (well for 2/3 off them). He’ll be out pretty quickly if it fails though 

Absolutely, they should be lethal from set pieces.

If you're getting JWP anyway, Maguire has to be a good signing. I wish our CBs were as effective on the end of free kicks. West Ham's job this year is to consolidate in midtable, and keeping it simple is one way to do it.

Maguire was fine for England at the World Cup, so I don't think he is quite the liability he is made out to be.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

So are West Ham looking at a midfield of Alvarez, Mctominay and JWP? That’s awful if so.

West Ham don't really need a midfield, Moyes is basically a step up from the likes of Bruce and Pardew, but still old school at heart. Big physical players who can get stuck in, and get in where it hurts, and threat from set pieces.

24 minutes ago, Stottie said:

If you're getting JWP anyway, Maguire has to be a good signing. I wish our CBs were as effective on the end of free kicks. West Ham's job this year is to consolidate in midtable, and keeping it simple is one way to do it.

Maguire was fine for England at the World Cup, so I don't think he is quite the liability he is made out to be.

Didn’t think about it in that way. They’ll win plenty of games this season with a JWP cross for Maguire to put away and that should enough to keep Moyes about 

13 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Didn’t think about it in that way. They’ll win plenty of games this season with a JWP cross for Maguire to put away and that should enough to keep Moyes about 

Yep. Moyes is perfect for a mid-table club with not much aspirations above that status. Not good enough to challenge at the top end, but good enough to put together enough points to be a nuisance and stay clear of relegation spots.

17 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Maguire is absolutely shite on the end of free kicks. Defensively great, offensively terrible.

Defensively great you say :scared: turning circle of an ocean liner and pace off the mark similar to a 2 stroke lawnmower 

8 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Would be hilarious if Hugo ‘not convinced by the sporting project’ Ekitike joined Everton :lol:

It will be another Paqueta situation, join reluctantly because no one better has shown an interest, then get demoralised and demand a move after 12 months.

3 hours ago, KingArthur said:

They suffered from it last season, despite scoring a lot. Their xG rating was third highest in the EPL. Couldn't score against ManU in FA Cup ultimately cost them the place in the final for example. 

We can discuss this during the season, seems pretty pointless to have this conversation now.

Not meaning to be rude.

You have now changed your point. 

you originally said:

On 08/08/2023 at 10:10, KingArthur said:

Problem with Brighton is, that there is often very little presence in the box. Usually Wellbeck or whoever the striker is ends up alone in there. So all the fine work they do to keep the ball and play pass the press, they still don't get to very dangerous positions. It is very nice to watch, but then suddenly nothing happens were it all matters.

You originally said ‘they don’t get to very dangerous positions’ but now you’re positing evidence that disproves your original point and supports mine.