Other clubs' transfers

Greg

7 minutes ago, Ikon said:

He is very good. If not elite now then he absolutely will become at city under Pep. 99% certain. 

I'd be very very surprised. I watched a lot of him last season and for a good chunk of it I thought we'd dodged a bullet. At times he was outstanding, but he was anonymous for huge parts of games. Very passive.

I do hope he goes but I get what Carragher is saying to an extent.

Depends on the club you're having trophy success with as to what trumps the other. I know it's Bayern Munich and all thay but surely the closed shop of the Bundesliga title would feel pretty hollow? I stand corrected if they make a Champions League run ofc. 

16 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Bournemouth got some decent purples 

Max Arrons £6/8m Norwich 
Alex Scott £20 Bristol city 
Justin Kluivert £10m Roma 
Junior traore £20m sassuolo
Romain Faivre £15m Lyon 
Milos Kerkez £15  AZ alk

Thought Aarons was going to Leeds?

Faivre has gone back to France for what it's worth

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He is right to be fair. There's little achievement in winning the league with Bayern.

If I was Kane, I'd be pushing heavily for a move to Spain where at least there's a bit more competition.

If you want achievement and competition then you stay at Spurs. If you want to win trophies before you hang your boots up why go somewhere not as guaranteed? German league is probably the most prestigious of the guaranteed options and also with Tuchel surely they must fancy their chances for the ECL this season.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I'd be very very surprised. I watched a lot of him last season and for a good chunk of it I thought we'd dodged a bullet. At times he was outstanding, but he was anonymous for huge parts of games. Very passive.

I think he did very well overall towards the end of the season, especially when considering he’s new to the league and in a non functional WH team. 

Dead class from these pundits who have won trophies to tell a guy that’s never experienced that not to bother going to a club to win something because they would be null and void. Arseholes.

Honestly the arrogance is insane, I’d kind of want him to win the CL with Bayern if he went.

Edited by AJ9

I’m always a fan of an English going to foreign shores. They won the league on the final day last year so it’s not exactly a given. And now they push to win the champo. 

And he’ll be back in a year playing in a Chelsea shirt. 

I agree with Owen, I don't get the move.

Winning the Bundesliga isn't something anyone will care or remember. I get he has a chance of winning the CL, that's the only logic behind it for me.

If I was him I'd stay put for another year, get closer to the record then goto Man U at the end of season.

Has he got offers from other top clubs? No.

Is he going to win anything with Spurs? No.

Is he going to be playing in the Champions league with Spurs? No.

The choice isn’t between playing at Spurs or going to Real/City. Bayern is what’s on the table. For the reasons above he’d be fucking daft to stick around man. Who gives a fuck if people here don’t classify the bundesliga as a trophy worth winning. 

Re: Kane

The thing is the fee is fairly reasonable considering he’s an almost guaranteed 30 goal a season striker.

You’d have thought the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc would be all over that but they haven’t been so what other options does he have?

Spurs are a shitshow right now. Pointless him staying 

27 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I'm not getting that link at all like. Paqueta is nowhere near good enough for what Man City need, unless he's just going to warm the bench. Good player, sure. Elite... no way.

Might be controversial.  But City don’t have loads of elite players.  They have a lot of good to great players but few in the elite bracket (KDB, Haaland).  They have highly skilled players + can play a specific brand of football and follow instruction that Pep sets. That’s the key thing ability and following tight instruction. 

They signed Kovacic - he’s a very good player.  But he’ll never be as good as Modric but it doesn’t really matter. He can play Pep ball. Gundogan is great - he’s not elite. Rodri is great but I don’t think Barca and Real cried when he went to City. Grealish and Foden are great, neither is seeing Vinicius Jr. or Mbappe.  

City is a system.  Paqueta can play in the system. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Might be controversial.  But City don’t have loads of elite players.  They have a lot of good to great players but few in the elite bracket (KDB, Haaland).  They have highly skilled players + can play a specific brand of football and follow instruction that Pep sets. That’s the key thing ability and following tight instruction. 

They signed Kovacic - he’s a very good player.  But he’ll never be as good as Modric but it doesn’t really matter. He can play Pep ball. Gundogan is great - he’s not elite. Rodri is great but I don’t think Barca and Real cried when he went to City. Grealish and Foden are great, neither is seeing Vinicius Jr. or Mbappe.  

City is a system.  Paqueta can play in the system. 

Not many “elite” players in this world then…….

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Re: Kane

The thing is the fee is fairly reasonable considering he’s an almost guaranteed 30 goal a season striker.

You’d have thought the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc would be all over that but they haven’t been so what other options does he have?

Spurs are a shitshow right now. Pointless him staying 

I'm guessing levy won't even countenance selling to a direct rival for top 4 which is fair enough albeit one he's gone I'm not sure they will threaten. If they spend money wisely they can adapt, but this is spurs so they will spunk it badly

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not what Bruno said, tbf

5 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Has he got offers from other top clubs? No.

Is he going to win anything with Spurs? No.

Is he going to be playing in the Champions league with Spurs? No.

The choice isn’t between playing at Spurs or going to Real/City. Bayern is what’s on the table. For the reasons above he’d be fucking daft to stick around man. Who gives a fuck if people here don’t classify the bundesliga as a trophy worth winning. 

The other option is staying.  And taking a mega wage and a better selection of clubs next season.  

I don’t think Real Madrid pay money for Rudiger, Alaba, Courtois etc. more than happy to give them as gigantic wage on a free transfer though.  

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The other option is staying.  And taking a mega wage and a better selection of clubs next season.  

I don’t think Real Madrid pay money for Rudiger, Alaba, Courtois etc. more than happy to give them as gigantic wage on a free transfer though.  

True, but do you reckon Madrid take Kane and Mbappe next year? I dunno.