Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Caicedo has told Brighton that he only wants to move to Chelsea. 

After apparently only wanting to move to Arsenal and trying to force that through in January. Seems a bit of a low character dude to me, perfect for them really.

3 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

From RAWK:

Fuck Chelsea. Fuck the Premier League for not punishing these clubs

Just go and get Lavia, the club's own fault if Southampton rinse them though.

Embarrassing the club is involved in this. Tell him he has until 6pm to make his way for the medical or announce we are pulling the offer and moving on. To be honest i'd be happy enough if we just made an announcement now. A player not wanting to join us and Klopp over Chelsea must be a massive whopper.

Brighton should say its Liverpool or you are staying here at Brighton!

Well Sky are saying that the club are denying that we ever had a medical booked (although sources say we did), so that could be our first bit of backpeddling.

Would be funny if Lavia took a strop and told them to do one as well.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Chelsea spending £200m plus on a pair of midfielders and it's probably marginal between our midfield. 

If we learned anything from last season, it's that the sum is greater than the parts. Chelsea have spent £billions more than us in the last few years, but we still got CL while they looked like a bunch of overpaid brats chucked together without any idea what they were supposed to be doing.

There's no guarantees it will be any different this time round for either them or Liverpool.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Chelsea spending £200m plus on a pair of midfielders and it's probably marginal between our midfield. 

£107m for Enzo Fernandez and 17-year old Lewis Miley absolutely took the piss out of him in pre-season.

Enzo went to Benfica for 12m and Caicedo cost Brighton around 5m. 17m total and Chelsea are now spending around 215m on them. That's utterly crazy, regardless of their turnover, commercial strength etc. At a certain point, they'd be better off investing in some proper scouting and data analysis to get these "gems" before they cost near world record amounts. Fucking idiots are driving the prices of everything up, not just for themselves.

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

£107m for Enzo Fernandez and 17-year old Lewis Miley absolutely took the piss out of him in pre-season.

Never has a profile picture matched the quote so aptly in the history of these forums.

30 minutes ago, 54 said:

Villa hoarding tricky right wingers like we're hoarding non-tricky left wingers. :lol: I'd make a cheeky bid for Philogene-Bidace if they're gonna have two class wingers ahead of him.

8 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Villa hoarding tricky right wingers like we're hoarding non-tricky left wingers. :lol: I'd make a cheeky bid for Philogene-Bidace if they're gonna have two class wingers ahead of him.

They've been using Diaby more central apparently. @brummie

I think being in a premier League scouting department must be funny at times. I read they man u are super proud of their database with thousands of players, yeah but you don't fucking use it do you? Have hundreds of apparently obscure players and they sign their managers old players for bonkers money instead. I assume it is similar elsewhere, teams and teams of dedicated scouts chasing round talented youngsters in leagues around the world and then totally ignored for some expensive overhyped guy who plays in the same league

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What’s the deal with Armando Broja? Not heard about him all window but surely he’s getting shipped out no?

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Is he not still mangled after doing his ankle/knee?

Hadn’t recovered from his injury sufficiently for them to take him on tour, so guess he won’t be going anywhere yet. He’s on a long term deal at Chelsea too (surprise surprise). 

Chelsea's squad imo now trimmed looks like there is a reasonable team there that if say Brighton turned up at the start of the season with you'd think could have a shot at top 4 but they have spent psg level money to get there which just feels incongruous. 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Not sure on this one. 

Aside from the injury I've always felt he's a second striker more than a traditional 10. Those type of players tend to work best in teams that play direct and don't need to play through the opposition.