Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think this kills his career to be honest. He would have been perfectly suited to West Ham and could have got back to his best, which is a good Premier League defender. 

Instead he's demanded a huge payoff, and when he hasn't got it he's decided he'd rather be a fifth choice centre back and sit on the bench. We preferred our left back in central defence instead of him ffs. 

'cause your nerd fans boo'd the living daylights out of him and have been abusing him all year. He said, nah, fuck yalllllll

Just now, Kanji said:

'cause your nerd fans boo'd the living daylights out of him and have been abusing him all year. He said, nah, fuck yalllllll

He doesn't get booed in a game. His name was cheered when it was read out last night.

The boos were at a friendly in Ireland where they're all little plastic idiots. To be fair to them the club did the fans rotten charging €60 a ticket and playing a reserve side. 

And here's yet another reason for us to be conservative with the wages we offer to our players.  Buying younger players from 'smaller' clubs means that we can improve a playera wages without making them unsaleable in the future

Totally predictable that he wants the money he signed up for, I don't blame him as he thought he was there for life but at the same time it is disappointing that a player isn't taking the chance to get his career back on track. A couple of league Cup appearances, training with the kids then he will probably move in January for a big signing on fee when west ham are down the bottom, unless Southgate keeps picking him then he will stay and stink the place out.

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

"Harry respects West Ham"

Oh, that's nice of him.

The power players have these days, fucking nuts.

?????

He has a contract that both parties agreed too.  Man U want him to exit the contract and the money that was agreed so he can get paid less elsewhere while Man U pocket £30m? Ridiculous. 

Complaining about ‘player power’ in the PL is such a weird stance. That £8m is peanuts to Man U as an organisation and for its owners. They agreed to it so they should honour the value if they want rid of him. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

?????

He has a contract that both parties agreed too.  Man U want him to exit the contract and the money that was agreed so he can get paid less elsewhere while Man U pocket £30m? Ridiculous. 

Complaining about ‘player power’ in the PL is such a weird stance. That £8m is peanuts to Man U as an organisation and for its owners. They agreed to it so they should honour the value if they want rid of him. 

What would you rather NUFC go for in the final few weeks of the window? An LB or a CB given it seems we only have the cash for one or the other.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Maguire wanting £7m payoff to leave. :lol: Rot on the bench now my guy. 

Isn't it down to the loss of wages he'd have by moving?

You lot are dumb if you don't pay it tbh. Just take it out if the fee from West Ham and move on.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

?????

It's not that, it's the changing dynamic and language around it. 

Putting out through Romano, the fact he "respects West Ham".

I dunno, I just don't like it.

I also do not like this new thing of players agreeing packages with a new club before fees are agreed. Whatever happened to good old tapping up?

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

Worked in the city since 98, Technically lived here since 06.

Other than the stolen capital of culture event, the city has had no investment for Decades. It’s a run down deprived city full gangsters and aggressive people.  

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=merseyside+footballers+burglarised&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

That tracks. I spent some time there in the 90s through an ex-girlfriend. Only visited occasionally since and not once since moving to the US in 2009. When I went back last year with the kids I was shocked at the vibes and apparent lack of co-ordinated investment but wondered if it was just a bad day.

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

It's not that, it's the changing dynamic and language around it. 

Putting out through Romano, the fact he "respects West Ham".

I dunno, I just don't like it.

I also do not like this new thing of players agreeing packages with a new club before fees are agreed. Whatever happened to good old tapping up?

He respects West Ham because he's happy to join them on the condition Man Utd pay out for the loss of wages to join them. The issue is with Man Utd.

3 hours ago, nufc123 said:

Hope we send out a concern over Liverpool selling players to Saudi for inflated prices.

I’m going to send out a concern about us not selling players to Saudi for inflated prices. Ndombele and Al-Nassr is a match made in heaven.