Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

The Athletic article on why Chelsea believe they are within the limits of FFP is an interesting read. The Premier League’s feet dragging over implementing 5 year caps on contract amortisation might save them for a couple of seasons if they miss out on Europe but the big facet will be the lower wages for young players, more heavily linked to performance incentives, and flogging their young players.

Makes the theory of a Hall deal more believable in this context.

I mean the proof will be in the pudding when they are assed, another facet is the Covid writes offs they’ve been able to do. Just gaming the system to the max. 

and as I mentioned, it’s funny how related party deals were shut down as soon as our takeover was done but Boehly is allowed to game this for 2 years without any action. It just goes to show if you’re in the big 6 you can do what you want, you challenge them and they create rules to stop you. It’s scandalous. 

20 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I mean the proof will be in the pudding when they are assed, another facet is the Covid writes offs they’ve been able to do. Just gaming the system to the max. 

and as I mentioned, it’s funny how related party deals were shut down as soon as our takeover was done but Boehly is allowed to game this for 2 years without any action. It just goes to show if you’re in the big 6 you can do what you want, you challenge them and they create rules to stop you. It’s scandalous. 

Their current losses are £121m, £156m and whatever they potentially book this year. Given losses have to be less than £105m on a rolling 3 year basis, I think they’re gambling on knowing they’ll be under embargo by the PL for January and possibly summer 2024.

https://sqaf.club/premier-league-ffp-table/#:~:text=Premier League FFP Rules&text=Clubs are also required to,covered by the club's owners.

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Their current losses are £121m, £156m and whatever they potentially book this year. Given losses have to be less than £105m on a rolling 3 year basis, I think they’re gambling on knowing they’ll be under embargo by the PL for January and possibly summer 2024.

https://sqaf.club/premier-league-ffp-table/#:~:text=Premier League FFP Rules&text=Clubs are also required to,covered by the club's owners.

This isn’t correct. We can’t take the losses they book in the accounts as the FFP losses they are different figures are some items are excluded. Also if the punishment is an embargo then this is all well worth it. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

This isn’t correct. We can’t take the losses they book in the accounts as the FFP losses they are different figures are some items are excluded. Also if the punishment is an embargo then this is all well worth it. 

Cool - I imagine there is some classic accounting smoke and mirrors shit going on. I think with the talent stockpile they have, they’ll go for a striker and keeper along with Olise and Lavia and then take whatever comes their way from the toothless PL by way of embargo. 

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Cool - I imagine there is some classic accounting smoke and mirrors shit going on. I think with the talent stockpile they have, they’ll go for a striker and keeper along with Olise and Lavia and then take whatever comes their way from the toothless PL by way of embargo. 

Yeah, it’s why I’m waiting for the result of the city breaches and these potential breaches in future. It embargo is all they get then the enforcement is a total joke and to be ignored. 

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

We need FFP in all life, that old fucker next door to me has just put in artificial grass, there's no way he can afford that on his pension 

It's a loan with an obligation to buy. 

Not totally confident that they are going to have a hit rate on these players their buying to justify their expense anyway, FFP or not FFP breaches. Poch will always be under-pressure the longer they go without a title, and every week they're outside contention let alone the top 4.

Really rate Enzo as a signing that will push them on, but foresee them forever to be in transition and always a 'few key signings away' status Man U have been in for years on end. How many windows before they need to tear up and build again - spend another £400M on a forward line as the fortunes spent on Sterling, PEA, Mudryk, Fofana, Jackson, Nkuku haven't brought Chelsea any closer to winning a title.

Maguire not going to West Ham anymore. Says he wants to cry at Man Utd instead.

Anyone think West Ham could be tempted to go for Lascelles? Not ideal ofcourse but would free up some cash to get a CB and LB in.

Wish people would stop freaking out about how much these guys are spending. The more money they have the worse they spend!

Ironically I think sticking to FFP has sharpened our focus in the market and almost forced us to do a better job with the players we've brought in.

We are dominating player recruitment at the minute.

20 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Don't think I've ever seen a league take hold the way Saudi Arabia have this summer. People will frown on it but the typical football fan over there must be loving life.

I'm curious to watch a game just to see how it's playing out, not sure if it's broadcast on any normal channels though.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'm curious to watch a game just to see how it's playing out, not sure if it's broadcast on any normal channels though.

Well apparently the temperature was 45C the other night, so it's hard to imagine the level will be very high.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

Dazn have the UK rights so if you want to watch poorly matched boxing matches and sub par Arabian football it’s the obvious choice.

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Dazn have the UK rights so if you want to watch poorly matched boxing matches and sub par Arabian football it’s the obvious choice.

Yeah I'm not going to pay another subscription for either of those. You can probably watch both on the I*TV app anyway, I know they cover DAZN.