Other clubs' transfers

Greg

57 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Because we’ve chosen to buy a CM, LW and RB with our FFP limited funds instead? If we were able and wanted to buy a £35m RW then I guess we probably would’ve at least enquired. Seems the club has other priorities for now though. 

Absolutely mate. Defo priorities at RCB and LB. However the club did say if a signing came about that we couldnt pass up we would go for it. Think 35m is a steal IMO. Young, homegrown, high ceiling and high sell on value. 

Here's a conspiracy theory for you - what if the huge Saudi Pro League investment is actually a way to go around FFP and instead of NUFC being able to strengthen to unlimited levels, we can simply weaken the rivals instead by taking their key players and make the market inflated so it prices most people out... 

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

What’s wrong with editing posts?

Nowt its that they're like seconds apart and could have just been one [emoji38] 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Keep scrolling or put me on ignore then. 

Holy shit there's an ignore? 

1 minute ago, Menace said:

I thought Ashworth was their signings /their scouting network was robbed by Chelsea, who is doing all their assessments :lol: Can we nick them?

They just respawn. I keep expecting the Brighton model to implode but it never does. It's not sustainable to unearth obscure gems forever on and off the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

I thought Ashworth was their signings /their scouting network was robbed by Chelsea, who is doing all their assessments :lol: Can we nick them?

Bloom the owner is the main man.  He owns a data analytics firm that has built a transfer model for them. He’s overseen the scouting network and approach. He’s Steve Jobs everyone else is Tony Faddell. He hires great people but he’s the man behind it all. Ashworth is not the  reason they’ve gone from L1 to Europa league and 6th in the PL in 15 years.  

40 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Bloom the owner is the main man.  He owns a data analytics firm that has built a transfer model for them. He’s overseen the scouting network and approach. He’s Steve Jobs everyone else is Tony Faddell. He hires great people but he’s the man behind it all. Ashworth is not the  reason they’ve gone from L1 to Europa league and 6th in the PL in 15 years.  

You bloody love Brighton, man :lol: stop fawning over Bloom! 

Think the money that Liverpool get for Salah now, might do them better than keeping him. 31 and on the decline. I know he scored 19 last season but when players get past 31 and start declining, the drop off can be quite rapid. How much more are you getting out of Salah as their star player? Considering his wages and current value. It might we worth cashing in.