Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

That’s what I find weird though, he clearly did play very well for Chelsea, I saw him have a bunch of quality matches but they were happy to get rid of him. I didn’t follow his exit that closely but he grew up through the Chelsea academy right? Just feels odd the way he ended up leaving at such a young age. I think he can be bullied out of games quite easily and he’s probably not fast enough or technically brilliant enough to compensate for that. Do think he’ll end up having a decent career, just don’t think he’s at the level you need to be fighting for the top 3 places 

They didn’t want to get rid of him; but they also weren’t willing to give him a contract matching Reese James. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They didn’t want to get rid of him; but they also weren’t willing to give him a contract matching Reese James. 

That tells its own story though, came from their academy. I guess they saw the FFP element of the deal but the fact that he was an option for that, like ASM was for us, says a lot in my opinion 

Just now, gbandit said:

That tells its own story though, came from their academy. I guess they saw the FFP element of the deal but the fact that he was an option for that, like ASM was for us, says a lot in my opinion 

All the reports suggested they were desperate to keep him tbh, but mount wasn’t offering enough and wasn’t fond on the Boehly long contract (which are reportedly heavily performance based). 

That being said, I’m not convinced converting 10’s to 8’s and letting your DM hang is the way to go, only really city get away with this. 

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

I think the story it tells is that he was one of the longest serving players there and wanted to get out of dodge. He’s experienced a winning team and dressings toon there. 

Chelsea wanted him to stay but equally didn’t want to lose him on a free next year. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Obviously would be great, but assumed Man City wanted to keep him since he hadn't left already. 

In my basic knowledge it would also leave Man City quite light in that area.

Perrone will probably step up.

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Guess they can hope that Luton and Sheffield finish in the bottom two and the battle is over the third relegation spot. Could be quite a low points total I guess…

Everton tale as old as time.

No chance we'd bring in Tierney now we've signed Hall unless we were able to shift Targett. Even then I'd be very surprised.

I think we're clearly done for the window. 

I'd put my money on Tierney to West Ham on loan before the end of the window.

Edited by ponsaelius

I rated Tierney highly based on his career to date but I think there's clearly something wrong there with him. Can't just be tactical reasons for Arteta to have such little faith, and for there to be so little cash interest generated this window. It seems almost inevitable that he will be loaned out to a mid-table club at this point.

As much as I liked the idea of signing him I'm quite excited that we've gone for a moldable long term option instead.