Other clubs' transfers

Greg

On 14/07/2024 at 13:19, TRon said:

Will be interesting to see if Villa do suffer from injuries this time round or we were just particularly unlucky. I don't think we really had a squad capable of coping with the extra workload either.

I wonder if they get a group like we did too

On 14/07/2024 at 16:19, Pixelphish said:

I think it's OK if they're sailing close to the ridiculous rules.

Rumours we are about to get 65m for Diaby, who we paid £36m up front and £10m in future bonuses. If so, that's a decent bit of business.

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

Rumours we are about to get 65m for Diaby, who we paid £36m up front and £10m in future bonuses. If so, that's a decent bit of business.

Seems Monchi has this navigating FFP business down pat.

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Yes, but not for West Ham. 

Ikon, I recall you complaining anytime I mentioned how wrong people were about Gordon.

Yet, every time I post about a player you don't rate, similar to back then, you are very quick to go on about how shit they are.

Now, I don't mind it, but please don't start kicking off again once the season starts, if I remind you of some of these bold claims of yours.

Thanks! :cool:

Edited by KaKa

27 minutes ago, brummie said:

Explain that one under FMV.

26 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ikon, I recall you complaining anytime I mentioned how wrong people were about Gordon.

Yet, every time I post about a player you don't rate, similar to back then, you are very quick to go on about how shit they are.

Now, I don't mind it, but please don't start kicking off again once the season starts, if I remind you of some of these bold claims of yours.

Thanks! :cool:

Well it’s a forum and if I don’t rate a player then surely I can say so one would think. There’s many  players we have been linked with that I rate that you’ve also liked so no I don’t think they are all shit. I don’t think DCL is absolutely shite and I’ve said so before. But he is unreliable and will struggle for fitness and form. I’ve even said before that I would take him but only for reasonable wages and fee, but it would have to be low money. I can see West Ham taking a too big of a risk and spend big money for him and his wages and I’d be very surprised to see him play most games and score 10-15 goals to make it worth it. He might do well for them and play tons but I find it very unlikely as said…

Also, even if some get it right/wrong there’s no need to relentless gloating. Just don’t see why people would do it, it’s just boring and tiresome. Yes it can be mentioned but sometimes it goes beyond that. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, brummie said:

Not sure why Saudis would owe us any favours.

Doesn't have to be. It just has to be seen to be a legitimately fair value. Galatasaray owe us no favours but if they offered us 40mill for Callum Wilson the Premier league would be all over it.

35 minutes ago, brummie said:

If true then I'm very jealous of the FFP boost

52 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Feels like a decent fee considering he's off the back of probably best goalscoring season of his career.

Four year deal for a soon 32 year old is special.

Edited by nufc123

3 hours ago, brummie said:

How you pay makes no difference to FFP. 

Monchi does seem more proactive in navigating FFP than Ashworth was. 

10 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

How you pay makes no difference to FFP. 

Monchi does seem more proactive in navigating FFP than Ashworth was. 

Or someone's offering them a massive mark up on a player who was a bit meh last season? Like someone offering us 70mill for Barnes.