Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Is there any chance this is to force Real Madrid's hand? It sounds like that is where he really wants to go but they were going to try and wait for his contract to run out. 

5 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Is it a good signing though? He's 18 and will play in a much better league than his current one, my feeling is he might struggle.

I think he will take some time to adapt but I’m pretty certain that he will be absolutely class. The only thing that gives me hope is that ManU continue to look poor overall which will make it difficult for him to utilise his talent properly and settle. On paper it’s one hell of a signing. Though I think RM would have been better for him, or the safer option for his development. He is a World Class talent. He’s so talented so that I find it hard to not see him succeeding even at ManU. 

Edited by Ikon

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

God, I wish we would get an Ornstein tweet.

🚨 EXCLUSIVE: Anthony Gordon flying to Liverpool to take medical + finalise personal terms after #NUFC accept bid worth £65m + add ons. #LFC

Just now, The Prophet said:

The problem is, if Real come knocking in the future, he'll be off in a flash.

Yes! But that will mean that he’s done really well for them. So I’m not sure that’s a “problem”.  

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if they nip in now 

Just now, Ikon said:

Yes! But that will mean that he’s done really well for them. So I’m not sure that’s a “problem”.  

That’s like saying someone coming in for Bruno, Isak or Gordon isn’t a problem cos they’ve done well for us. Good players leaving is always a problem 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

That’s like saying someone coming in for Bruno, Isak or Gordon isn’t a problem cos they’ve done well for us. Good players leaving is always a problem 

Looks like you don’t get the point! Which I thought is pretty easy to understand. Of course it’s always a problem losing your best players. But is it better to sign lesser players to not risk losing them? :lol: You never want to lose your best players, but it happens at times, and always will. If they do really well then they might be off. Doesn’t mean that it’s not been a good signing. 

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He must be close to world best 11 if Real Madrid is willing to spread that much $ to get him away from Man Utd

more likely they will assign scouts to find the next Yoro and tell him don’t sign new contract and wait for expiry.

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Looks like you don’t get the point! Which I thought is pretty easy to understand. Of course it’s always a problem losing your best players. But is it better to sign lesser players to not risk losing them? :lol: You never want to lose your best players, but it happens at times, and always will. If they do really well then they might be off. Doesn’t mean that it’s not been a good signing. 

No I got the prophet’s point which I think is clear you didn’t :lol:

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

No I got the prophet’s point which I think is clear you didn’t :lol:

I did though. I know they have been after him for a while as well as him liking RM.  But it doesn’t really matter what club you are, if RM want a player in the future then they often get that player. I don’t think any club when thinking about signing a player should be thinking oohf maybe we shouldn’t sign him because if he does well then when RM come calling he will want to leave. So why see it as a “problem” now because of something that MIGHT happen in the future, and if it does it’s still been a very good signing for them because it means he’s done extremely well. 

RM were after Ronaldo too when he was at Sporting. There was always gonna be the “problem” of him leaving ManU too. I just don’t see it as a problem in the same way when signing a player that might be off in the future to say RM for example. Obviously it’s sucks losing players. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I did though. I know they have been after him for a while as well as him liking RM.  But it doesn’t really matter what club you are, if RM want a player in the future then they often get that player. I don’t think any club when thinking about signing a player should be thinking oohf maybe we shouldn’t sign him because if he does well then when RM come calling he will want to leave. So why see it as a “problem” now because of something that MIGHT happen in the future, and if it does it’s still been a very good signing for them because it means he’s done extremely well. 

RM were after Ronaldo too when he was at Sporting. There was always gonna be the “problem” of him leaving ManU too. 

No one is saying it’s not a good signing. I’m sure he’ll do well for Man Utd.

The financial side of things is such a huge factor now. 

He's 18. If he comes to us, plays well, and Madrid want him then so be it. He'll be on a 6 year contract and they'll pay through the nose for him. 

27 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Also likely to get a hefty fee for them under these circumstances, which can go a long way to making huge strides with your team too.

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The financial side of things is such a huge factor now. 

He's 18. If he comes to us, plays well, and Madrid want him then so be it. He'll be on a 6 year contract and they'll pay through the nose for him. 

You better hope he really performs. 9m euro per year is ridiculous.

25 minutes ago, Zero said:

You better hope he really performs. 9m euro per year is ridiculous.

From what I'm seeing it's €7m a year +€2m in bonus add ons. 

Works out around £110k per week base? It's a high wage for a teenager but don't think it's ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

From what I'm seeing it's €7m a year +€2m in bonus add ons. 

Works out around £110k per week base? It's a high wage for a teenager but don't think it's ridiculous. 

some source said this is base salary for the first year and keep on increasing year by year

anyway more likely than not he will be a success. Just that if he failed to impress then Man Utd would have a hard time to move him on due to salary too high, just like Martial