Other clubs' transfers

Greg

On 16/07/2024 at 09:51, The College Dropout said:

Yeh it’s a good deal.  Never said it wasn’t.  But how they paid for Diaby makes no difference - Brummie mentioned paying x upfront - that’s irrelevant to PSR

Ah, i see why you would assume that, lack of clarity from me. I wasn't suggesting the upfront bit was anything to do with PSR, I mentioned up front and bonuses to illustrate that the actual fee was much less than what was reported.

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

The financial side of things is such a huge factor now. 

He's 18. If he comes to us, plays well, and Madrid want him then so be it. He'll be on a 6 year contract and they'll pay through the nose for him. 

Madrid will do a Mbappe and wait for him to run down his contract. 

1 minute ago, tarie4 said:

Madrid will do a Mbappe and wait for him to run down his contract. 

And then give him a ridiculous signing on fee 

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Ah, i see why you would assume that, lack of clarity from me. I wasn't suggesting the upfront bit was anything to do with PSR, I mentioned up front and bonuses to illustrate that the actual fee was much less than what was reported.

I misread your initial post tbf - it was clear.

I'm still choosing to believe he cost £50m minimum though.

5 hours ago, Froggy said:

The financial side of things is such a huge factor now. 

He's 18. If he comes to us, plays well, and Madrid want him then so be it. He'll be on a 6 year contract and they'll pay through the nose for him. 

That's not the Madrid strategy anymore. If they throw the big money at him, it will be now. Otherwise they'll wait for the next wonderkid, get a kid from the Portuguese league or get an established star for free.

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

From what I'm seeing it's €7m a year +€2m in bonus add ons. 

Works out around £110k per week base? It's a high wage for a teenager but don't think it's ridiculous. 

The fee is the real shocker for me, as he was in the last year of his deal, which is why Real didn't want to pay a high fee.

Also, isn't this just the whole Di Maria thing again, where his preference was elsewhere, but the big money has been used to sway him?

Sure I've seen you say recently that you were going to be moving away from both these sorts of actions going forward?

50 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I misread your initial post tbf - it was clear.

I'm still choosing to believe he cost £50m minimum though.

£4.5m tops, mate.

56 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The fee is the real shocker for me, as he was in the last year of his deal, which is why Real didn't want to pay a high fee.

Also, isn't this just the whole Di Maria thing again, where his preference was elsewhere, but the big money has been used to sway him?

Sure I've seen you say recently that you were going to be moving away from both these sorts of actions going forward?

It’s hilarious how Man Utd fans are twisting themselves inside out to try and convince us all it’s a brave new world and they won’t over pay then they pay £60m+ on an 18 year old with about 40 games under his belt and with a year left on his contract.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s hilarious how Man Utd fans are twisting themselves inside out to try and convince us all it’s a brave new world and they won’t over pay then they pay £60m+ on an 18 year old with about 40 games under his belt and with a year left on his contract.

You were criticising us last week for only offering £50m for a 22 year old with 40 games under his belt. :lol:

Yoro is 3-4 years younger and is £42m + add ons. 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

I think most people need to understand that almost every players preference will be Real Madrid. 

You think Isak, Bruno G etc. want to play for Newcastle over Real Madrid? Of course not. Garnacho, Hojlund etc. if the opportunity came to go to Madrid they're not saying no, but that's not to say that you shouldn't sign them and play them in the first place. 

We're signing what people are describing as a generational talent on a 6 year deal. If he's great for 6 years it's well worth the money, and I'm sure the people in charge now will be smart enough to not lose him for free. 

It's a positive signing. 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You were criticising us last week for only offering £50m for a 22 year old with 40 games under his belt. :lol:

Yoro is 3-4 years younger and is £42m + add ons. 

And you said it wasn’t the way you worked anymore and you’ve spent more on someone younger with less experience. 

I criticised Man Utd for bidding way off what the selling club wanted it could have £50m it could have been £20m my criticism was that it’s a waste of time strategy and sure enough Everton end up selling another player and not needing the money 

Edited by gdm

Just now, Froggy said:

I think most people need to understand that almost every players preference will be Real Madrid. 

You think Isak, Bruno G etc. want to play for Newcastle over Real Madrid? Of course not. Garnacho, Hojlund etc. if the opportunity came to go to Madrid they're not saying no, but that's not to say that you shouldn't sign them and play them in the first place. 

We're signing what people are describing as a generational talent on a 6 year deal. If he's great for 6 years it's well worth the money, and I'm sure the people in charge now will be smart enough to not lose him for free. 

It's a positive signing. 

You don't have to tell me what to understand.

The point is that you've seemingly thrown money at his club and the player to pressure him to join you. Similar to the Di Maria situation.

Paying £42 million plus add-ons, for a player who is in the last year of his contract, and to use your logic, has only had one good year in France for that matter, seems very excessive.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

And you said it wasn’t the way you worked anymore and you’ve spent more on someone younger with less experience. 

We've spent less. :lol: and not sure if you're aware but your value is higher the younger you are if you're already established.

Personally, I’d sure as hell rather do this deal that ManU are doing than DCL for 25m that some on here were very ok with. IF we had done the same deal that these cunts have then I wouldn’t be complaining too much. Id be thinking that this is what it took to beat RM to the signature. 

Having said that, for the money I would have gone for someone else. 

Edited by Ikon

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We've spent less. :lol: and not sure if you're aware but your value is higher the younger you are if you're already established.

You haven’t spent less tho. It’s €70m with the add ons and we both know most of the add ons will be stuff that’ll get met quite easily it’s just a way of kicking part of the payment down the road 

fwiw I think it’ll be a great signing it’s just funny how your view on ‘the new Man Utd way of working’ is turning inside out and back again. I respect you for defending it which ever way. it’s just funny 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Personally, I’d sure as hell rather do this deal that ManU are doing than DCL for 25m that some on here were very ok with. 

Has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion we're having. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion we're having. 

Did I quote you!?? I was just saying what I think. I see many saying that they are extremely overpaying. 

Yes it’s a lot of money when you think about the contract expiring. But that’s the way they gotta do it to make the deal happen. It’s not just a random young kid they are signing. 

Edited by Ikon