Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 hours ago, leffe186 said:

We’re supposedly working on Neto. What are your guys’ thoughts on him? Permacrock and Mendes as agent which is presumably why it’s taking so long.

Should be everyone's thought on him tbh. Strikes me as one of those players that if he had a good injury record, he'd already be playing at a higher level.

thats going to really help their finances going forward. Still a good fee despite the fact he'd have gone for a lot more without the allegations. 

Do we think Man Utd should have made money from him or should they have released him on a free?

Shouldn't been sacked off, but Man Utd kept him around for one of two things. To get him back into the team (backfired last summer), 2nd, make as much money as possible. 

Scum levels.

Just now, Sibierski said:

Shouldn't been sacked off, but Man Utd kept him around for one of two things. To get him back into the team (backfired last summer), 2nd, make as much money as possible. 

Scum levels.

Alternatively he leaves on a free and gets paid more. This ones on Marseilles.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I like him but they are an absolutely idiotic club, they have zero vision at all and will continue to achieve fuck all other than losing money and bringing through good academy players 

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I like him but they are an absolutely idiotic club, they have zero vision at all and will continue to achieve fuck all other than losing money and bringing through good academy players 

The one thing they don't need is an attacking central midfielder [emoji38]

Can we not just have another thread for Chelsea's transfers...

On a positive note they may run out players to buy before they run out of ways to get around the system.

Christ maybe that is their goal buy everyone and just leave us with Miggy

2 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Scum levels.

He was never going to play for Man Utd again and they had a chance to sack him and get some goodwill from the entire football world, but they decided to keep him around in the hope to sell him on despite the overwhelming evidence. I'd say Man Utd handled this about 65-70% as bad as the sunderland / Adam Johnson situation.

On 17/07/2024 at 18:15, Froggy said:

You were criticising us last week for only offering £50m for a 22 year old with 40 games under his belt. :lol:

Yoro is 3-4 years younger and is £42m + add ons. 

The Athletic article on the Yoro signing has dropped. As expected, reads like the same old Man Utd to me.

The fee is actually £52 million rising to £59 million!!!

Liverpool, PSG and Real Madrid all fell back due to the money being so much.

Was being suggested/threatened to Yoro that he would not be played the upcoming season if he didn't accept the Man Utd move, and waited to move to Real on a free, as was his original plan.

Be very interesting to see how this all plays out next season for him.

On 17/07/2024 at 23:52, Ben said:

Man Utds new £50 million hard man center half.

Or a young skinny Cleveland from Family Guy

Screenshot_20240717_225050_X.jpg

He looks like a cross between Richard Pryor, one of the members of 3T and Hank Worden who played the senile waiter in the original Twin Peaks series.

image.thumb.png.f504c0f25a62fc53afac2875955e692d.png

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

That picture they used man [emoji38]

Even he's perplexed by what Chelsea are doing!

IMG_1371.jpeg

6 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Can we not just have another thread for Chelsea's transfers...

On a positive note they may run out players to buy before they run out of ways to get around the system.

Christ maybe that is their goal buy everyone and just leave us with Miggy

It's called the twitter bullshit thread

Few on here kidding themselves me thinks, if we’d signed Zirkzee and Yoro we’d be fucking buzzing.

They’re getting it right signing young hungry players unfortunately and have the finances to take gambles unlike us.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Few on here kidding themselves me thinks, if we’d signed Zirkzee and Yoro we’d be fucking buzzing.

They’re getting it right signing young hungry players unfortunately and have the finances to take gambles unlike us.

Depends on the fit. 

We're not in a position to be spending £50 million plus on an understudy for Schar, we'd probably feel obliged to start him at the price. By all accounts he's very talented, but still has a lot to learn 

I've seen more of Zirkzee, really interested to see how he gets on. Looks a good footballer, but not an out and out goalscorer. He'd definitely offer us another dimension off the bench but we'd need to upgrade Almiron to get the best from him.