Other clubs' transfers

Greg

18 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I think Zirkzee would fall under the category of Bruno, Isak and Botman, yes Yoro is a gamble but I’d be fucking delighted if we’d signed him as our CB this summer.

I'm on record as saying I really like Zirkzee, and I can kind of see the thinking with him, as he is more of a creator, and their wingers prefer to get in behind and look to score rather than create. Some version of how Firmino setup Mane and Salah.

However, I'm not sure he's ready to come straight in and perform straight away. I'm not sure where Rashford's head is at. I'm not sure Garnacho is a first teamer as he is. And so that front three together could be shaky.

Now if they go and sign a Toney and let's say a Raphinha as well then it will make more sense to me. Toney can setup the wide men and still be a presence upfront and score goals. Raphinha improves that right side significantly. Then Zirkzee and Garnacho can then be rotated in. What that then means for Hojlund though, I don't know.

Edited by KaKa

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm on record as saying I really like Zirkzee, and I can kind of see the thinking with him, as he is more of a creator, and their wingers prefer to get in behind and look to score rather than create. Some version of how Firmino setup Mane and Salah.

However, I'm not sure he's ready to come straight in and perform straight away. I'm not sure where Rashford's head is at. I'm not sure Garnacho is a first teamer as he is. And so that front three together could be shaky.

Now if they go and sign a Toney and let's say a Raphinha as well then it will make more sense to me. Toney can setup the wide men and still be a presence upfront and score goals. Raphinha improves that right side significantly. Then Zirkzee and Garnacho can then be rotated in.

Hojlund:

image.png.0eaa39bccd2b7b927e3dee5981cffe0d.png

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Hojlund:

image.png.0eaa39bccd2b7b927e3dee5981cffe0d.png

Unless you get some different types of wingers I'm not sure what happens with Hojlund tbh. Pretty sure he already wants to strangle the life out of Rashford, Garnacho and Anthony.

51 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Posters talking about Manchester United signings in the other clubs transfers thread. 

Outrage as Manchester United fan replies with his opinion about Manchester United's transfers. 

Do you want a hug @Nucasol

Please.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Unless you get some different types of wingers I'm not sure what happens with Hojlund tbh. Pretty sure he already wants to strangle the life out of Rashford, Garnacho and Anthony.

Rashford and Antony are lost causes. Garnacho will learn, I hope. 

Just hoping Amad can solidify the RW spot this season or even Sancho if he isn't going to be sold and gets his act together. 

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Rashford and Antony are lost causes. Garnacho will learn, I hope. 

Just hoping Amad can solidify the RW spot this season or even Sancho if he isn't going to be sold and gets his act together. 

It's all so uncertain man. 

In my opinion it was a big problem last season, and held back Hojlund.

You did try for Olise though, so maybe you get one in.

13 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Toney's asking price has massively reduced hasn't it? He'll surely be on the move soon and will be a good signing for most teams in the PL. If Wilson is going I'd 100% have him here as his replacement.

Yeah, last I heard was £30 million.

Latest club mentioned was Spurs I believe.

Would be a really good fit for them.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's all so uncertain man. 

In my opinion it was a big problem last season, and held back Hojlund.

You did try for Olise though, so maybe you get one in.

At least that is something we can agree on. 

Hojlund scored 16 goals last season and could have had so much more if our wingers weren't so greedy. 

That'll be up to the coach though. It's something Ten Hag will be judged on this season. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Toney's asking price has massively reduced hasn't it? He'll surely be on the move soon and will be a good signing for most teams in the PL. If Wilson is going I'd 100% have him here as his replacement.

He’ll be a great signing for someone, I’m shocked he hasn’t moved yet.

2 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Savio in a year

boyfriend marry GIF

I think if he plays, this guy could tear it up in the premier league. Annoying that City were allowed to sign him the way they have, but they play by their own rules I suppose. 

15 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Great player for sure. But given our formation, how do you keep him and Isak playing/happy. Nice problem to have.

I reckon Isak is so good he could play with Toney if required 

8 minutes ago, Ben said:

I reckon Isak is so good he could play with Toney if required 

Would require a pretty significant system change. I don't want to see any suggestions of Isak being shoved out to the left to make space for Toney or my head will pop.

46 minutes ago, alexf said:

I think if he plays, this guy could tear it up in the premier league. Annoying that City were allowed to sign him the way they have, but they play by their own rules I suppose. 

Probably have a couple of exciting months before Pep has him cutting back and laying it off to a CB playing fullback. 

Kante is one of the players I'd have absolutely loved us to sign in the early year or two since the takeover but now? You'd need to have serious FFP wiggle room to lump £20m on a 33 year old, certainly not something I'd like to see us do. 

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

Kante is one of the players I'd have absolutely loved us to sign in the early year or two since the takeover but now? You'd need to have serious FFP wiggle room to lump £20m on a 33 year old, certainly not something I'd like to see us do. 

I would do it in a heartbeat, he still got a season or two in him.

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I would do it in a heartbeat, he still got a season or two in him.

I love Kante and don't get me wrong if he was wearing our shirt I'd back him but we saw last month how tight our margins can get. £20m is a hefty sum that IMO should go towards a younger midfielder who'll be here for years to come. Players like Kante looking for a final year or two at the top can be something we do in the future when we can afford it.