Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, enthusiast said:

in my mind the spiralling upward of transfer fees kicked off with a huge lurch in 2015 - i always associate it with being surprised at how much man utd paid for antony martial, a transfer fee that seemed completely mundane within about 18 months

:lol: Remember when Andy Carroll was like the 8th most expensive player ever when we sold him for £35 million. 

29 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Wasn’t everyone else, just the cartel four. Geordie_once_removed was referencing “lower” clubs getting involved in mega transfers which only really kicked in with the recent Prem TV deals. That coupled with more variation in clubs getting the CL money.

Ahhhhh....gotcha. Fair.

Everyone going on about Chelsea, yet here's Villa selling Archer to Sheff Utd, buying him back from Sheff Utd, then sending him on to Southampton. :lol:

Edit: Assumed it was a loan, looks like a permanent deal. If the PL dare look at the Greek keeper signing then they have to look at that too.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Everyone going on about Chelsea, yet here's Villa selling Archer to Sheff Utd, buying him back from Sheff Utd, then sending him on to Southampton. :lol:

Edit: Assumed it was a loan, looks like a permanent deal. If the PL dare look at the Greek keeper signing then they have to look at that too.

The £20m unknown child swap they did with Chelsea was far worse than us buying an international mind(and that was clearly bollocks)

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I didn't realise there was an obligation for Villa to buy Archer on Sheff Utd going down. Can't remember ever seeing that before. 

Good deal for Sheff Utd

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I didn't realise there was an obligation for Villa to buy Archer on Sheff Utd going down. Can't remember ever seeing that before. 

I think Brummie mentioned before that Sheffield United paid half the £18m up front, and if they were relegated had to return him for free rather than pay the remainder, so a loan fee and obligation on those terms I’m guessing. They got relegated, returned him and now Villa sold him for £15m. So got £24m in total for him, which is nuts.