Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

The article mentions that clause and basically says Liverpool are going to pretend to not be loaning him:

“Valencia will bank £34 million. Liverpool are due to pay £30 million, with that final £4 million a loan fee stumped up via Bournemouth.”

if true surely that’s a blatant and transparent attempt to subvert the rule which should be knocked on the head.

I don’t get it. If Bournemouth are paying the loan fee to Liverpool then that makes it no different to any other loan. If they’re paying it to Valencia then they’re paying a loan fee to a club that won’t own him.

I know we likely couldn’t compete with Arsenal given what they could offer but Merino for €30m seems like such a bargain in today’s market. Where are you getting a player like that for that price?

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

I don’t get it. If Bournemouth are paying the loan fee to Liverpool then that makes it no different to any other loan. If they’re paying it to Valencia then they’re paying a loan fee to a club that won’t own him.

Presumably they would like to buy him for £34M then immediately loan him to Bournemouth for a year for £4M. The rules say you can’t do that. So they reckon that by having Bournemouth loan him from Valencia for a year then agreeing to buy him for £30M at that time they “get round” the rules. Plus presumably also distorting PSR by shunting that 30M outlay back a year.

41 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Presumably they would like to buy him for £34M then immediately loan him to Bournemouth for a year for £4M. The rules say you can’t do that. So they reckon that by having Bournemouth loan him from Valencia for a year then agreeing to buy him for £30M at that time they “get round” the rules. Plus presumably also distorting PSR by shunting that 30M outlay back a year.

Red shirted shithouse cartel cunts.