Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Is he the dogs bollocks?

He’s very talented but isn’t a pacey grafter so it’ll be interesting to see how he fits. Not a midfielder like Coutinho either.

Type of player is he? Isn’t pacey, doesn’t graft and not creative? Sounds shite [emoji38]

He is creative, very good on the ball and strong and stocky

Will he play the #10 role, which I think is his best? Or at least in front of Keita and Fabinho or whoever. Class signing.

Klopp always used a 4231 at Dortmund, he probably didn't have the personnel until now to bother with it so i imagine he'll go back to it now.

And we can't even secure the best manager we've had in ages, who very very much wants to stay for the long term, one who isn't asking for heaven and earth either.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :( :(

A year ago Liverpool's all-time record signing was Andy Carroll, by the end of this week they will have signed at least 6 players who each cost that much or more.

Feels like Liverpool are really separating themselves from Chelsea and Man Utd now.

Man Utd finished above us comfortably last season. Chelsea have won two of the last four premier leagues. Their players appear to have a switch which they can turn on and win the league.

Way too early to make that statement.

Feels like Liverpool are really separating themselves from Chelsea and Man Utd now.

Man Utd finished above us comfortably last season. Chelsea have won two of the last four premier leagues. Their players appear to have a switch which they can turn on and win the league.

You’ll not have met Kaka before, I take it?

I've just caught up with the Fekir to Liverpool news, that's actually a perfect fit for them. Wow, they are building a great side. They've got that kid too coming through who starred in the u17 world cup last year haven't they. They do need a new keeper though now, surely just a matter of time before Butland or Heaton end up there.

I don't know ... it feels like the game is moving into a really dynamic, attacking era.

I really like the types of players Liverpool are bringing in. They are already the one team that have been able to handle Man City under Pep, quite consistently, and Man City are miles ahead of everyone else, and so that is more what I am basing it on.

Their front three are already pretty outrageous, and now all of a sudden they have upgraded the midfield three significantly, rendering the likes of Ox, Gini, Milner and Henderson as backups or rotational players. That is very very impressive IMO.

Chelsea don't know who their manager is yet, are coming off a really poor season, and really need to upgrade their team. Going forward they only really have Hazard and maybe Willian to be happy about.

As far as Man Utd go ... well, I'm of the opinion that Mourinho is actually going to end up being a disaster. Think there will be a big fall out due to the way their attacking players are being utilised. The expectations of the fans and former players will never match with the type of football Mourinho is producing. It's all the more sickening for them with both Man City and Liverpool playing the way they do.

I don't know ... it feels like the game is moving into a really dynamic, attacking era.

I really like the types of players Liverpool are bringing in. They are already the one team that have been able to handle Man City under Pep, quite consistently, and Man City are miles ahead of everyone else, and so that is more what I am basing it on.

Their front three are already pretty outrageous, and now all of a sudden they have upgraded the midfield three significantly, rendering the likes of Ox, Gini, Milner and Henderson as backups or rotational players. That is very very impressive IMO.

Chelsea don't know who their manager is yet, are coming off a really poor season, and really need to upgrade their team. Going forward they only really have Hazard and maybe Willian to be happy about.

As far as Man Utd go ... well, I'm of the opinion that Mourinho is actually going to end up being a disaster. Think there will be a big fall out due to the way their attacking players are being utilised. The expectations of the fans and former players will never match with the type of football Mourinho is producing. It's all the more sickening for them with both Man City and Liverpool playing the way they do.

Well Klopp is Guardiola's kryptonite. He knows how to disrupt Guardiola's passing rhythm.

I do agree that football is moving towards a more dynamic proactive attacking approach. However, the teams which win trophies using this approach are the truly elite clubs - Barcelona, City, Bayern.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching us play. Also, love how Pochetino's Spurs play. For all of the plaudits for the style of play, both teams have won zero trophies whereas Chelsea and Utd have 2 trophies to show for.

I am still not 100% convinced if the front foot aggressive attacking football will deliver trophies unless we have an elite squad or a once in a generation player like Messi. But can't complain though.

I mean it's June, let's wait to see what other teams buy before jumping to conclusions.

I take your point but signings are going to be earlier this season with the window closing before the season starts. Really good stuff from Liverpool so far