Other clubs' transfers

Greg

5 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

45/60/35m Is “huge investments? “. Arsenal got 3 players for that 65m, whereas ETH spunked 100m on one at the start of the season. It’s completely disingenuous nonsense. Liverpool played a significant amount of games with Curtis Jones, and Harvey Elliott.

The fact he’s constructing some sort of “poor old us underdogs beat the odds ?” narrative is complete nonsense 

Kid Icarus and Manxst like this. Incredibly disappointing yet incredibly predictable. 

Once again, I don't know if people are just ignoring the article by continuely referencing summer transfers, but the quotes were directly about the winter transfer window. I said about the £65m Arsenal spent because it was spent on reinforcements in January. 

In April we were still in every competition. We were 5 behind Arsenal in the league at one point. Fatigue and injuries played a massive part in us fading in both the league and the Europa League. Rashford has been carrying a knock for weeks and the goals have dried up. Martial is never fit. Garnacho, Eriksen, Martinez all with long term injuries. Newcastle went and spent £45m+5m on Gordon to bolster the top four charge, we signed Wout Weghorst. :lol: Embarrassing. NWe were one injury to Fernandes away from 6th place. 

Ten Hag asked for Antony when he was half the price by the way. Referencing that transfer just reinforces our point about our incompetent board. 

Also unsure about the Elliot and Jones comments. Jones played more last season for Liverpool than this season and Elliot is one of their stars for the future. 

This is all so basic to understand. It's incredible how some genuinely good posters let bitterness and hatred of a club turn them into cartoon versions of themselves. 

5 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

The fact he’s constructing some sort of “poor old us underdogs beat the odds ?” narrative is complete nonsense 

Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Spurs were favourites ahead of us to get into the top four by the way. We quite literally beat the odds. 

People need to stop thinking of us Sir Alex Ferguson's Man United. We're not that. Not even close. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Kid Icarus and Manxst like this. Incredibly disappointing yet incredibly predictable. 

Once again, I don't know if people are just ignoring the article by continuely referencing summer transfers, but the quotes were directly about the winter transfer window. I said about the £65m Arsenal spent because it was spent on reinforcements in January. 

In April we were still in every competition. We were 5 behind Arsenal in the league at one point. Fatigue and injuries played a massive part in us fading in both the league and the Europa League. Rashford has been carrying a knock for weeks and the goals have dried up. Martial is never fit. Garnacho, Eriksen, Martinez all with long term injuries. Newcastle went and spent £45m+5m on Gordon to bolster the top four charge, we signed Wout Weghorst. :lol: Embarrassing. NWe were one injury to Fernandes away from 6th place. 

Ten Hag asked for Antony when he was half the price by the way. Referencing that transfer just reinforces our point about our incompetent board. 

Also unsure about the Elliot and Jones comments. Jones played more last season for Liverpool than this season and Elliot is one of their stars for the future. 

This is all so basic to understand. It's incredible how some genuinely good posters let bitterness and hatred of a club turn them into cartoon versions of themselves. 

Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Spurs were favourites ahead of us to get into the top four by the way. We quite literally beat the odds. 

People need to stop thinking of us Sir Alex Ferguson's Man United. We're not that. Not even close. 

image.thumb.jpeg.adc0f6b15175085a9228ccead70c9b53.jpeg

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Beat the odds? Wage bill and transfer spend is consistently the best indicator of finishing position. Yours were 1 and 2 respectively. Bookies odds are absolute guess work.

https://ibmathsresources.com/2014/05/04/correlation-between-premier-league-wages-and-league-position/

Edited by Sempiternal

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

Yawn. The only predictable thing is you bleating about how the best part of over a £1bn in the last 10 years (around £1.5bn spent with £400m recouped- the most out of ANY club worldwide) hasn’t been enough to get you into the top 4, and the Glazers are to blame for not giving you even more. Yes, you didn’t spend in January. So what? Let me cry you a river. 

15 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Yawn. The only predictable thing is you bleating about how the best part of over a £1bn in the last 10 years (around £1.5bn spent with £400m recouped- the most out of ANY club worldwide) hasn’t been enough to get you into the top 4, and the Glazers are to blame for not giving you even more. Yes, you didn’t spend in January. So what? Let me cry you a river. 

I literally didn't say any of these things. Point proven, case closed. 

15 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Any idea on how much they will be paying him?

Apparently he's on about £110k and Madrid want him to take a paycut to stay.

He's had his best season in years - no coincidence it's happened in the year his contract is up for renewal IMO.

It feels like another Coutinho situation in terms of hunger for Villa IMO. He's playing at his peak because he wants to stay at the biggest club in the world. If he joins Villa I expect his performances will drop.