Other clubs' transfers

Greg

On 21/05/2023 at 04:37, Ben said:

I wonder if Harry Kane has missed his chance of a move to a title winning club, there is only Man U and Chelsea now that would consider him IMO but it looks like both are moving on to other targets. I really like him but it looks like career is limping to an end.

People have always said the weirdest things about Kane. I usually only step in when people just make shit up, but it’s really peculiar to say his career is “limping to an end”. He might well have missed a chance of a move to a title-winning club in the UK at this point (Manchester City) but he’s 29 and has scored 28 goals in the Premier League this season. How many people have done that in the last 10 years? Four. Suarez once, Salah once, Haaland once (and probably every year from now). And Kane three times.

It just feels like I’ve been calling people out for saying stupid/mendacious/weird stuff about Kane for a decade :lol:. His ankle might be breaking down, but he played in every single league game this season. His career is drawing to an end, but he’s not even 30 yet and just scored 28 goals in the Premier League. He only scores so much because we’re really good, yet we’ve been shit this year and without a manager for half a season.

He’s really bloody good and will score a ton more goals…somewhere.

We're definitely not moving on either. He's our absolute #1 target. I doubt he'd move to Chelsea with no CL football and all of the other clubs in the top 6/7 teams have top strikers. The only way he doesn't come to us is if Levy prices him out of it IMO.

Kane is an outstanding footballer, he’ll score goals until his legs drop off and he’s one in the top five passers in the league. He’s had an amazing individual career and everyone will remember that irrespective of whether he wins anything or not 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We're definitely not moving on either. He's our absolute #1 target. I doubt he'd move to Chelsea with no CL football and all of the other clubs in the top 6/7 teams have top strikers. The only way he doesn't come to us is if Levy prices him out of it IMO.

He would be absolutely perfect for you. Could actually see you being Man City’s main rival by a distance if you get Kane next season, you sick fucks 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He would be absolutely perfect for you. Could actually see you being Man City’s main rival by a distance if you get Kane next season, you sick fucks 

Still miles off City but a top striker would add 10-15 points on to our total from this season IMO. Weghorst has played nearly 800 minutes in the league and hasn't scored. Martial never fully fit. We could actually do with two strikers. :lol:

Kane would get 30+ in all comps with us at ease.

30 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

People have always said the weirdest things about Kane. I usually only step in when people just make shit up, but it’s really peculiar to say his career is “limping to an end”. He might well have missed a chance of a move to a title-winning club in the UK at this point (Manchester City) but he’s 29 and has scored 28 goals in the Premier League this season. How many people have done that in the last 10 years? Four. Suarez once, Salah once, Haaland once (and probably every year from now). And Kane three times.

It just feels like I’ve been calling people out for saying stupid/mendacious/weird stuff about Kane for a decade :lol:. His ankle might be breaking down, but he played in every single league game this season. His career is drawing to an end, but he’s not even 30 yet and just scored 28 goals in the Premier League. He only scores so much because we’re really good, yet we’ve been shit this year and without a manager for half a season.

He’s really bloody good and will score a ton more goals…somewhere.

I think what would have made more sense was 'his career at Spurs is limping to an end'.

He's clearly at the top of his game still.

EDIT: the cheating fuck.

Edited by brummie

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Kane to Man United seems like such an obvious fit.

I'm afraid so

Can see them going for him and rice.

Edited by Gaztoon

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

There’s no way Man City can allow this.

Yep. The only reason Arsenal were anywhere near competing with Man City this season was because they took 2 of their players last summer.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Kane is an outstanding footballer, he’ll score goals until his legs drop off and he’s one in the top five passers in the league. He’s had an amazing individual career and everyone will remember that irrespective of whether he wins anything or not 

However, rightly or wrongly, if he ends his career without a single bit of silverware it will always be mentioned alongside what a brilliant player he was

The fact he wanted to leave when City were interested indicates it's something that will bother him

8 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Man City linked heavily with Mac Allister this morning. What could be a great 24 hours could get even better if they harpoon the “mighty Liverpool’s”deal for him.

Looks and ideal Gundogan replacement.

My God man this Man City thing is not going to let up for a good while.

On 22/05/2023 at 09:00, brummie said:

I think what would have made more sense was 'his career at Spurs is limping to an end'.

He's clearly at the top of his game still.

EDIT: the cheating fuck.

I mean personal records are Great, but he’s been one of the top 3 strikers in world football for a long time and has no silverware. It’s totally fair to question that 

16 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Got a feeling Bayern will go for Kane, they desperately need an elite ST and they've said as much iirc. 

Would love it as it would mean he doesn’t beat Shesrer’s record. Can honestly see him staying at Spurs though. 

7 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Got a feeling Bayern will go for Kane, they desperately need an elite ST and they've said as much iirc. 

No way. He's staying in England until that record is broken. He'll go to us or stay at Spurs.

6 hours ago, astraguy said:

Kane's not leaving spuds tbh,bored of hearing about it 

Yeah I agree.  He’ll be at Spurs for the foreseeable.  It’s the most boring annual transfer story going.  He’ll sign a short extension and will until he gets the PL record then bugger off abroad for a final big payday and a few tin pots