Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I reckon even though Spurs have accepted the bid, it’s not out of the question he stays. He does have a get out clause though where he can say “I wanted to stay but the club agreed a fee and I felt I had to go given the club’s stance”. Think that’s the weasely option he’ll eventually plump for now 

I would have thought after the first rejected bid if Kane wasn't interested, they'd have said back then. Find it hard to think they'd keep upping the bid unless there was encouragement from Kane's end?

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I would have thought after the first rejected bid if Kane wasn't interested, they'd have said back then. Find it hard to think they'd keep upping the bid unless there was encouragement from Kane's end?

I think there probably was encouragement but I think he probably is caught in two minds. I think he’d happily stay or go and he’d prefer the decision was made by someone else. He hasn’t pushed this move through but he’s been open to it is my reading on it all. I just think he doesn’t want to be painted as a disloyal player to the Spurs fans 

I always thought Kane had no intention of leaving but was using interest from other PL clubs, Bayern and PSG as a negotiation tactic with Levy to either A) Get more money himself B) Strengthen the team around him...

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Rooney was a better footballer in terms of technique on the ball, he was amazing up until that metatarsal injury. After that he was still a fantastic player but he was less explosive. Kane is a better goalscorer and better long passer along the ground for sure. If I had to choose who I’d go for based on their entire careers, I’d probably go for Kane even though his career honours are pitiful 

By technique do you mean striking technique? Because I think Kane's is slightly better. First touch? About equal. Rooney was the better at manipulating the ball at his feet but that's more dribbling (close control, agility, balance etc.) than technique.

Rooney was the more creative and audacious player too.

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I reckon even though Spurs have accepted the bid, it’s not out of the question he stays. He does have a get out clause though where he can say “I wanted to stay but the club agreed a fee and I felt I had to go given the club’s stance”. Think that’s the weasely option he’ll eventually plump for now 

I don't get why he is so passive.

Like I've seen the lad on the Arsenal invincible parade bus. I know he's not a lifelong Spurs fan. He's given them the best decade of his career. By not forcing a move he's respected his contract - just say what you want with chest.

I meant more in terms of close control and trapping a ball etc. I call that technique. Dribbling I tend to consider it a separate thing if you’re a footballer like Neymar or CRonaldo but I think it also falls under technique when it relates to those footballers who are amazing dribblers due to outstanding close control

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

By technique do you mean striking technique? Because I think Kane's is slightly better. First touch? About equal. Rooney was the better at manipulating the ball at his feet but that's more dribbling (close control, agility, balance etc.) than technique.

Rooney was the more creative and audacious player too.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm not sure Bayern is that big a move TBH. Obviously he'll win the league but that's probably it. 

It's an interesting move though, and a change of challenge for him. 

You feel like Bayern are never far away from a champions league semi final. If he’s there for 3 years. 3 league titles. 2 cups at least.  And maybe a CL.  

If he goes to Man U he might not win anything.  The PL is a wash until we are confident Juergen is done and Pep pisses off. Big on the Pep pissing off. 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I meant more in terms of close control and trapping a ball etc. I call that technique. Dribbling I tend to consider it a separate thing if you’re a footballer like Neymar or CRonaldo but I think it also falls under technique when it relates to those footballers who are amazing dribblers due to outstanding close control

I get what you’re saying. I consider them part of the same thing. Overall ball manipulation, mainly used to evade opposition. ‘Quick feet’. Close control is close to dribbling to me - that’s what David Silva, Modric etc. have. Bruno has it. If Rooney or Kane required a 3 touch finish (first touch, 2nd close control, 3rd half chance finish) I’d back Kane to pull it off more often.  

But I get your point Rooney has that tekky guile and ability. Kane is that bit more rigid, robotic (and efficient).  

RVP or Rooney?  All the points above, RVP was better.  

Kane has wanted out of spurs for at least 2 seasons, it won't take much to agree personal terms to bayern, which were most likely agreed a couple of months ago.

Levy has maximised that fee, for 1 year left and at his age. Guess its a good deal for everyone, though I doubt thryll spend it properly. 

I'm beginning to think Foden needs to get out of Man City. Don't think Pep trusts him.

Thought with Gundogan and Mahrez leaving he would be put into the first team, but it's not looking like that will be the case.

Seems such a waste as I think he starts for anyone else in the league 

Just now, KaKa said:

I'm beginning to think Foden needs to get out of Man City. Don't think Pep trusts him.

Thought with Gundogan and Mahrez leaving he would be put into the first team, but it's not looking like that will be the case.

Seems such a waste as I think he starts for anyone else in the league 

Was thinking this the other day, imagine if we could get him 😂